JoseAnd_2063762
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

SIM card can you send a replacement please 

10 REPLIES 10

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

This is a Smarty users forum, populated by Smarty customers like you and I.

Contact Smarty directly through webchat, or, to obtain a SIM more quickly, if you are absolutely sure your current SIM card doesn’t work, buy one in a newsagents or Sainsbury’s for 99p, or check Amazon, who were recently selling Smarty SIM cards for 15p with free delivery. 

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I wonder if buying a 'new' SIM from Sainsbury's or Amazon UK, instead of requesting a replacement SIM, would allow you to keep your SMARTY number @JJP2

Maybe it's safer to web chat with SMARTY, if you want to keep your SMARTY number.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

You would just do a “sim swap” by giving the ICCID serial number of the new SIM , but yes, you would still need to contact Smarty. Buying a SIM in a shop would negate the 48 or 72 hour wait for a SIM to arrive from Smarty via Royal Mail.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I guess any new SMARTY SIM comes with instructions on how activate online, which if followed would give you a new number instead of your old/existing number. 

Internal number transfers don't seem to be a thing any of the UK networks offer, so would you then have to request a replacement SIM, and wait - I wonder what actually happens.

@Chalkychap  @JJP2  Used to be with GiffGaff and they did allow sim swaps if you had full access to the account (just checked and they still do this).

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Thanks @MSF - that seems a good feature on the giffgaff network - do SMARTY have an equivalent feature anywhere in their online account?

@Chalkychap  Not that I have been able to find unfortunately. Theirs only is available during daytime for some reason - perhaps in case of foul-up??

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Okay, thanks @MSF.
I'm not going mad then - SMARTY don't offer this as an online self-service option through your online dashboard.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

With me having purchased the new iPhone 13 mini and the eSIM’s not transferring over, I contacted the respective networks, who are both Czech Networks. 

One said I need to buy a new eSIM and then contact them, giving the ICCID number of the new SIM, phone number I want transferred, PUK2 code and then they will transfer my number to the new eSIM.

The other network said to contact them before my next trip to Czechia, give them my number, PUK2 code and then they will email me a QR code to download a new eSIM.

They are both pay as you go accounts, with credit lasting currently valid until mid 2024, which is fortunate, as in both cases, I need to do what has been outlined when next in Czechia, to activate the eSIMs. Then again, you can easily top up credit on them here in the UK by going online. 

The third eSIM I didn’t worry about, as it only has 6 Kč credit on it. 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@JoseAnd_2063762  If you are simply trying to replace a sim that is lost, stolen or broken : https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/1215834-what-to-do-if-your-sim-card-gets-lost-or-stolen