cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up family on Smarty

NigelMo_2184249
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi Everyone - I'm brand new to smarty, and want some information on how to best set up a group plan on it...

Lucky me(!) I pay my wife and kids mobile bills, and setting up family seems pretty straightforward...

However, I would also like to be able to use the refer a friend and get a load of gift cards (3 for me, 1 each for the wife and kids))

So, my question is - do I do the refer a friend FIRST, get everyone to sign up on their own account, and THEN link them to the group plan? Is it possible to do it in this way, or for a group plan does it need to be set up initially and can't be done later AFTER the others have signed up individually?

3 REPLIES 3

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@NigelMo_2184249 , I believe it would be best to use the "refer a friend" first.  If done properly, it'll get you the benefits, remember it'll take at least 14 days to qualify for referral, before notification.

This would probably means you don't get the benefits of group discounts for the first month, but should kick in thereafter.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Hi @NigelMo_2184249 

• @Strandloper beat me to it , what he outlined is the way to achieve your desired outcome. Do the “refer a friend” thing process in the first instance, so that all of your family members have an active Smarty account, then bring them all together in a single group to obtain the ongoing 10% discount. 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @NigelMo_2184249  You should find all you need here:  https://smarty.co.uk/group-plans?tr=hp-grm-cta