cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeing temp number on account & not receiving verification codes on txt

MaxineA_2006713
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My days! The chat service is dire. I have being trying to make contact since 9.45 this morning - & I have but the wait between replies is 20 mins & more. I have 2 problems 1) my dashboard is still showing my temp number - even tho my old number has ported earlier in week from Giff Gaff. ( beginning to regret that.
2) I am unable to receive verification codes from PayPal so I can access my account. PayPal says all ok it’s my network. 

4 REPLIES 4

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Does your giffgaff SIM still work @MaxineA_2006713?
Perhaps the number you wanted to keep hasn't been transferred to SMARTY yet. 

If your giffgaff SIM is inactive, then maybe your port has gone wrong.
Sometimes the gaining provider (SMARTY) doesn't receive all the files needed for your number transfer to work properly. 

Unfortunately, you'll have to persevere with the online web chat because community members cannot see your SMARTY account, and can't contact the number porting team.

Good luck @MaxineA_2006713.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

I wonder if the second problem is because your number has not ported over to Smarty. The PayPal verification is going to that number, but you cannot pick it up.

Sounds like a failed port given that your dashboard still shows the temporary number. When people call you on your 'real' number, does it come to your phone?

martinm_2012380
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

How do i get my original number ported over. I recieved a message from smarty saying my number would be transfered over by the end of 28/04/23

That sounds like one to take up with Support via web chat @martinm_2012380 . You may well be due some compensation if they do not meet their own target.

Firstly, I suggest checking your dashboard to make sure that it has not actually transferred over. If your ported number appears there, try turning your phone off and then on to force it to connect correctly.