cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Exciting things"

stevic
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Every time I open the app I get the annoying notification asking me to alter my notification settings to receive "exciting things". Can I stop this popping up every time or am I stuck with it.

13 REPLIES 13

Wardysays
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

Don’t see that myself. If it’sa notification you can turn them off via system settings. If it’s a advert in the app I’d imagine not

IPhone 13 Pro/iPad Mini 6/AirPods Pro/Apple Watch Ultra

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

When you open the Smarty App, try the bottom right hand icon 'You' (smiley face).

Then look at 'Privacy & Security' and then go to 'Marketing Preferences'. You can turn off a number of items, including 'Sharing with our partners' - I wonder if this may be causing the issue?

[I have it turned off and have not experienced the same problem]

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Hi @stevic , please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue.

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager

@stevic Thank you for sharing your experience with the app.

After investigating, we’ve found a small caching issue on certain devices.

We’re working on a fix now and will deploy it next week.

It is still happening. I have been involved on chat for over 70 emails so far and still no solution.

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager

Hi @stevic, we have done a test run and had the right outcomes. Could you please try updating your SMARTY app.

Vestoffon
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi I have the exact same problem (exciting things)!! every time i log into the app

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager

Hi @Vestoffon, is your SMARTY app up to date?

RobertW_2602480
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Was this ever resolved?  I have this problem too. 

Hi Robert,

When experiencing any issues with the SMARTY App, it is best to just reinstall it and log back in, this ensures that it is refreshed and any error removed.

Also remember to regularly check for any App updates , as this ensures the most recent version is used, and most bugs have been identified and resolved on that release.

Have a great day! -Adrian.

TimWood_1876690
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have the exact same problem - for weeks now. Really annoying as I can’t check my usage etc. 

@TimWood_1876690  Did you follow the advice?

I deleted the App and and downloaded a fresh version from the app store. Same problem1  However, I forgot to empty my cache so need to do this too.