Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting problem - Found a solution after 2 weeks

ChrisGo_2486818
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Hi All,

Not sure if this would be of use to anyone but after just over 2 weeks with no inbound calls or texts, I finally found a solution.

The problem was due to an error in the porting from my old provider to Smarty. After virtually every day web chat and 6 formal complaints, I found the the solution.

My solution was to setup a new account with a different provider and port out of Smarty with a PAC code from them. I day later everything was working. 

If anyone reading this is having ongoing problems, I would recommend you do the same. You could then re-join Smarty afterwards if wanted so you can start again. Personally I got the same price elsewhere but with a bity less data allowance (I didn't need the 50Gb from Smarty and the 25Gb from another provider is more than enough for me). I personally won't be re-joining Smarty.

For reference, below is my Smarty experience from start to finish:

5th Jan - Signed up (A really good experience. Website is clear, simple and the whole process very easy). I provided my PAC code during sign-up in the provided section.

9th Jan – After receiving good communication via email, my sim had arrived, and I logged into the portal and activated the sim.

10th Jan - The port of my old number partially occurred around 2:00pm. I switched off my phone and swapped to the new sim.

11th Jan – Web Chat: 13 x sent messages, 11 x received messages. Summary: Port delayed, need to wait

12th Jan - Web Chat: 8 x sent messages, 8 x received messages. Summary: waiting for an update from the team

13th Jan - Web Chat: 13 x sent messages, 9 x received messages. Summary: Reset phone, clear cache etc. Ticket has been raised for a split port issue.

14th Jan - Web Chat: 2 x sent messages, 3 x received messages. Summary: Team has chased network for file exchange

15th Jan - Web Chat: 15 x sent messages, 17 x received messages. Summary: No update, wait until end of the day. Given complaints link. Reset phone, clear cache etc. Received £5 for inconvenience.

Other: Received an email stating port was complete

16th Jan - Web Chat: 15 x sent messages, 8 x received messages. Summary: Port will take 3-5 business days to complete.

Other: Raised a formal complaint.

17th Jan - Web Chat: 20 x sent messages, 26 x received messages. Summary: Reset phone, clear cache etc. Told port is complete. Reboot phone, remove/insert sim. Requested details of inbound calls. Passed to “dedicated tech support team”

18th Jan - Web Chat: 7 x sent messages, 5 x received messages. Summary: Issue being chased by the “special team”

19th Jan - Web Chat: 19 x sent messages, 22 x received messages. Summary: specified "We made a test call to the user where the call rang and had a normal end of call.". Reset phone, clear cache etc.

20th Jan - Web Chat: 11 x sent messages, 9 x received messages. Summary: said "The team has got the issue, now and are working on it."

21st Jan - Web Chat: 5 x sent messages, 6 x received messages. Summary: Said "The team are still looking into it"

22nd Jan - Web Chat: 3 x sent messages, 4 x received messages. Summary:  The team is saying there is an error in the routing of the incoming services. The team are working on it.

25th Jan - Activated a new sim from a different provider. Requested a PAC code from Smarty and gate this to my new provider

26th Jan - Port was successfull. Everything working again with my old number with a different provider 

3 REPLIES 3

m1ke
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Sounds like an awful process. I'm only 4 days in but fear I'm looking at the same situation. Might just skip the wait and port straight back out again. Do you have to raise a complaint to get a PAC or will web chat give me one?

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

m1ke
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

How do I obtain a PAC if I can't send texts because Smarty have failed to offer me service on their SIM card?