cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my number

SheilaE_2283209
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Can my number be ported earlier than said date? You kept telling me to activate the sim, and now can’t receive calls??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey  SheilaE_2283209

You will need to activate your sim first so that the port-in can be processed if you need further assistance please contact our customer support team, https://smarty.co.uk/contact and one of our advisors will be more than happy to help, available daily from 8am – 8pm.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey  SheilaE_2283209

You will need to activate your sim first so that the port-in can be processed if you need further assistance please contact our customer support team, https://smarty.co.uk/contact and one of our advisors will be more than happy to help, available daily from 8am – 8pm.

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

It's unlikely that the number will get ported earlier than the date you were given (or selected if you wanted a different date). Obviously, for the port process to work the SIM the number is going onto needs to be activated at least by 5pm the previous day to ensure that the number can be transferred over correctly. During the porting process you might notice a small amount of downtime but this is nothing to be worried about.

Smarty will confirm via text/email once your number has been successfully ported over - allow up to 5pm on the day of the port, for it to complete. The you can make/receive calls using that number. 

PriyaMa_2324271
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My number porting was supposed to be done on 5th October, still no luck. The chat team saying stuck and trying to resolve. Already had huge problem as my old number can't be reached and now stuck. Is complaining to OFCOM is the next step. Already complaint to Smarty, waiting for there response

our complaints team will respond to you as quickly as possible