cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PORT number to new SIM added to existing group?

curtains123
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have just moved over to SMARTY and have got my account and ported my old number it all works.  I now want to add new Smarty SIMS to the group.  I have added a new SIM for a child and want to PORT across her number but there was no option to do this when ordering the new SIM - how do I do this.  She will not have her own SMARTY account but be in my group from the outset.

Any ideas as this is one of a further 3 accounts I am looking to transfer to one group ??

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@curtains123, with porting numbers and adding to groups, it's probably easiest to port the number to the SIM on a suitable one month plan.

After the port, you can then add the SIM to your group.  This unfortunately means you won't be able to get the discount for the first month, but will from there on in.

I have added the news SIM already and selected the plan.  I was expecting to get th transfer you number screen but it wasn't an option.  Will it be an option once it has been assigned a number or is there a way to cancel the new SIM and smart again?

Adding SIMs to a group and then trying to port numbers to the SIMs will usually end up with the number being ported to the SIM of the group owner.

This is why I suggested porting to  SIM first, then adding the SIMs after the port had gone through.

Can I cancel the new SIM I have added without cancelling my existing account?!

That would depend on how long you've had the SIM activated.  If it's less than 14 days, you may be able to get a partial refund, but to do that you'd need to contact a Smarty agent through Webchat.  They are available from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday (I'm not sure if the weekend hours are the same)

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@curtains123,

You mention one (or more) of the group is a younger person.  It might be worth looking at it "parental settings/restrictions" for this person (see link below)

https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/1066648-parental-restrictions#:~:text=Parental-,restrictions,-...