cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port email - activation time

JohnTuc_2168813
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I have an email from Smarty: Great news your port request for your number XXXX XXXXXXX has now successfully completed! 
What the email does not say is when the number will become active. If you search the help pages the word 'Port' does not even appear. Not helpful. Using the right terminology is important if your not a techie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JohnTuc_2168813
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

In case others see this post the problem seemed to be my iPhone 6s. The chat solution worked, it was:
Go to Settings > Phone > My Number, and make sure the right number is showing. If it isn't, please update the number.
Go to Settings > Messages > Turn OFF iMessage.
Please go to the settings>general> reset iPhone or transfer> reset> reset network settings and click on reset settings.
this will restart your device.
Go to Settings > Messages > Turn ON iMessage.
This will recognise the new sim and have it verified.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JohnTuc_2168813
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

In case others see this post the problem seemed to be my iPhone 6s. The chat solution worked, it was:
Go to Settings > Phone > My Number, and make sure the right number is showing. If it isn't, please update the number.
Go to Settings > Messages > Turn OFF iMessage.
Please go to the settings>general> reset iPhone or transfer> reset> reset network settings and click on reset settings.
this will restart your device.
Go to Settings > Messages > Turn ON iMessage.
This will recognise the new sim and have it verified.

@JohnTuc_2168813  Yup! This is an iPhone quirk! It’s an answer that appears quite frequently.