Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment issue

simonsp_1998683
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi 

I have just switched to Smarty and as soon as I had my number ported from my old network i found my plan paused. I went to renew my plan and make a payment and the site won't take any payment, debit card, credit card or even paypal. 

Anyone having the same issues??

Cheers

10 REPLIES 10

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

My payments are going through okay, with my SMARTY plans setup to use auto-renew. 

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@simonsp_1998683 Not sure why you wanted to renew your plan if you thought you already had one running - or have I misunderstood?

I wonder if your attempt to renew mid-plan may have confused the system. I think that you should web chat with Support team so that they can look at your account and resolve the issue.

The main thing to consider is....do you have calls/texts/data working right now? If so, it is just a blip in the  system.

Also should mention that our plans have auto-renewed within the last few days without any problem.

The plan has been paused and forced me to renew, I don't know why. I have literally just ported my phone from EE. 
The issue when I clicked renew in order to unpause my account is that the system would not take any payment what so ever. I now have no working phone.  
When I was on the chat support they said there was a glitch but it is still not working today. I am going to give it another day and then just go back to EE

@simonsp_1998683  Sorry to hear that. At least Smarty have acknowledged that there is a problem. I hope they can sort it quickly.

Smarty are the WORSE glitch in payment system - SORT THIS **bleep** OUT!, **bleep** FUMING!

@PhilipS_1801472  Much as I do understand that you are frustrated, you are not actually writing to Smarty here. This is the public Community Forum and so we cannot even look at your account.

You need to web chat with Support Team or raise a complaint. (Also, probably works best avoiding bad language)

ElleTho_2164912
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Yes it won’t let me I have important calls to make and I can’t contact none !! If this issue doesn’t get resolved I will be switching plan 

@ElleTho_2164912 You will note that the original thread on this issue took place in May 2023 and so we don't know the outcome.

I would strongly suggest that you have a web chat with Support Team so that they can look at your account to see if there are any issues. We are Community forum members like you and so cannot do that.

Victori_2693061
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi yes I am! I've tried different cards, logging on from the website, I set up a PayPal account and keep getting a message saying payment failed even though I have authorised it in my banking app. At a loss so any help would be greatly received!

@Victori_2693061  Not quite sure what you are saying here as the thread dealt with other people and also a few weeks ago.