cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Plan Add Ons versus Account Balance when roaming. What's the difference ?

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

I have just joined Smarty and have added £45 worth of out of plan add ons, as I have a trip to the USA later this month.

My question is, when roaming outside the EU, whats the difference between having "x" amount of pounds on your account as an out of plan add on or account balance ? Is it preferable to have one over the other ?

I am aware that on my return home, I can convert any remaining out of plan add on monetary balance to my account balance, to pay for future months of my plan.

As I have a "Tello" sim card (An American MVNO on the T-Mobile network) I expect to only use a minimal amount of data through Smarty when in Arizona, so expect to have a decent amount of money to convert to my account balance when I come home.

I have also changed the APN on my Asus Zenfone 9 to "mob.asm.net" to allow me to connect to the internet through my phone when in the USA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @JJP2 . As I see it, Out of Plan add ons will be used either for Int. calls, use outside EU or calls to specials numbers not included in plans. On the other hand, Account balance comes from converted Out of Plan add on money that you choose to move OR from money paid in via PayPoint stores and will only be used towards another standard Smarty Plan.

Hope this helps. Someone please correct me if I have interpreted it incorrectly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @JJP2 . As I see it, Out of Plan add ons will be used either for Int. calls, use outside EU or calls to specials numbers not included in plans. On the other hand, Account balance comes from converted Out of Plan add on money that you choose to move OR from money paid in via PayPoint stores and will only be used towards another standard Smarty Plan.

Hope this helps. Someone please correct me if I have interpreted it incorrectly.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Thank you for taking the time to reply

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@JJP2 You are welcome! That's what the Community forum is designed for!