cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orr in to Smarty issue

ErrolWa_2100598
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

On Thursday morning of last week 22 June I activated my Smarty sim and initiated the number transfer from Vodafone to Smarty. The port in to Smarty has not been completed and yesterday Vodafone confirmed they ported out on Friday 23 June. Vodafone turned off my 4G yesterday and although I can phone and text message out from my Smarty sim I can not receive calls or sms to my old number. Have contacted Smarty via chat every day since Friday but I keep getting told it’s with the back end tech team and has been escalated. Extremely frustrating as I have missed calls and can’t receive sms from bank, etc.

18 REPLIES 18

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey ErrolWa_2100598

I am sorry this has been your experience but contacting our team is the right thing to do and they will be doing everything they can to assist you.

Rebekah

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@ErrolWa_2100598 In addition to what @Rebekah_150 says, have you checked that your ported in number appears in the phone settings as My Number?

The fact that you can send texts and make calls does show that the sim works, but I wonder if the phone now does not recognise your ported in number and only 'knows' the randomly allocated number given to you when you activated the sim.

Hi MSF,

Yes the Smarty sim works, and I can phone out and text out and the receiver sees my old number /contact name.

If people call my old number though they receive a recorded message that the the phone number they’ve dialled is incorrect or not in service. My smarty dashboard also still shows the randomly allocated number I was assigned.

ErrolWa_2100598
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

And again my smarty dashboard states:

Your number transfer has been scheduled to complete by the end of day on 28/06/2023. (Repeating message since last Friday…) 

We’ll send you an email and a text when your number transfer is complete.

@ErrolWa_2100598  OK, I see now! Indeed strange, but if it does not complete as per that message, you should raise a complaint.

Hope all goes well and complaint not necessary!

I have raised a complaint as the switch still has not been completed. I was told that smarty was waiting for some files from Vodafone (my old provider) but Vodafone insists they’ve completed the port out…

Hello @ErrolWa_2100598 . always difficult to know which explanation is the right one! At least you are not being ignored and the matter is in hand. If the port date has been exceeded, you may be in line for some compensation I suppose.

Richard_2113022
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

@ErrolWa_2100598 i have exactly the same issue and started my port on the 15th June from O2 and still waiting!! i also spoke to O2 and they confirmed they had sent everything across and the issue was with Smarty. i can make calls and send texts on my number but the line is dead when called.

I have also been getting the same standard replies, back end team, awaiting updates etc etc i also raised a complaint last week and got a message from their "customer excelllence team" which i replied to and never heard again from. dealing with customer services via text/email is great rather than waiting on hold but the guys just dont have any infiormation and read from scripts which is dissapointing.

i have also registerd wiuth the Ombudsman but they will only assist after 8 weeks.

I have never been offered any compensation.

@ErrolWa_2100598 has your number got sorted on are you still waiting?

Latest update...

Hi Richard,
Thank you for checking with them, I've checked with our team and we are still waiting for their reply.
Regards
Shruti

Unfortunately mine still has not been sorted but I involved the general manager who apparently has escalated it with their networking team.

I understand we will be eligible for compensation but I have no idea what that will be (probably they’ll waive a portion of the monthly fee I expect)…

I just started receiving calls today but sms still not working other than via iMessage..

Interestiung? Are you sure the calls are not via wifi?

My suspiicion is they have messed up and we will lose the number and they are hoping we just go away and change numbers... HOWEVER smarty if you are listening.... I HAVE HAD THIS BUSINESS NUMBER FOR 20+ YEARS AND A 100'S OF BUSINESS CONATCTS HAVE IT SO I WILL TAKE IT THE END WITH THE OMBUDSMAN FOR SUITABLE COMPENSATION NOT TO MENTION PLASTERING "@SMARTY LOST MY NUMBER!!" ALL OVER THE INTERNET... 3 weeks today and counting.

@Richard_2113022 I hear your frustration, but must point out that Smarty T&C's state  that it is for non-commercial use : https://cdn.smarty.co.uk/files/SMARTY-Terms-And-Conditions.pdf?_gl=1*1ridqja*_ga*NjMwMDg4NTg2LjE2ODU... 5.4 b) and 5.16. Section 11 is also worth a careful read.

Before posting anything on the internet, please take care to ensure that the info is accurate - I have seen someone sued in the County Court for comments made on Soshal Meja...and they lost the case! (£3k + costs for comments against another person)

If you closed off the account with your previous provider, then it is possible that you would then lose the number. If it is done via PAC code, I'm sure that is reasonably unlikely.

I really hope that they can sort out these cases soon for you.

@MSF i am not holding any individual to account, just Smarty, as the Ombudsman states "its the responsibility of the new company to successfully port my number" which they have failed on, todate. i wont be suing anyone, but im sure the Ombudsman will!

i am still keeping my fingers crossed but i am losing hope. 

i will also keep going however until at least 8 weeks has passed so i can pass the issue to the Ombudsman.

@Richard_2113022 I believe that it is still possible to defame a "body corporate" as opposed to an individual.

This still does not get away from the fact that Smarty specifically say:

At the moment, we’re not offering any type of business account or business deals. 

Confirming my port in has been successfully completed today.

@ErrolWa_2100598  😊👿😁

My port in also completed yesterday.