cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Number not transfered over

JoanneH_1942372
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I have used my PAC code but still havent had my old number transfered over.

How do I resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Best to ask the SMARTY web chat team to have a look at your account @JoanneH_1942372

Get in-touch at https://smarty.co.uk/contact, and scroll down to "Other ways to get help". The web chat agents work 8am - 8pm daily. That said:  

1. When (date and time) did you give your PAC code to SMARTY? 
  2. After giving your PAC to SMARTY, did you get an email or text message about your number transfer request?

Mobile number transfers are not instantaneous @JoanneH_1942372, there can be several hours between your 'old' provider's SIM becoming inactive, and your number being ready to use with your SMARTY SIM. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Best to ask the SMARTY web chat team to have a look at your account @JoanneH_1942372

Get in-touch at https://smarty.co.uk/contact, and scroll down to "Other ways to get help". The web chat agents work 8am - 8pm daily. That said:  

1. When (date and time) did you give your PAC code to SMARTY? 
  2. After giving your PAC to SMARTY, did you get an email or text message about your number transfer request?

Mobile number transfers are not instantaneous @JoanneH_1942372, there can be several hours between your 'old' provider's SIM becoming inactive, and your number being ready to use with your SMARTY SIM. 

Yes i did it was the 1st of June now they have changed it to the 2nd of June not happy as it has left me with no phone to use😡😡😡

@Pauline_2079766  Even though your number may not have been transferred, you should be able to make calls because your sim will have been activated with a randomly allocated number.

True, people may not recognise your number when you call, but at least you can call.

It has been 2 days since I was cut off by my old provider - I requested this weeks ago and had to get several pac codes as they didn’t work. when you call my number it says number not recognised. 

TessaMe_2354484
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie
  • Did you get this resolved? I have fgs same problem and wish I had never moved to Smarty

@TessaMe_2354484 This sounds like a 'split port' may have taken place.

You need to web chat with Support Team and then raise a complaint if it is not rapidly sorted.