cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number has not been ported properly

JaneThi_1940446
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I was supposed to be switched on Thursday 23rd March but my dashboard still says the wrong number. Anyone on the Three network can call me but I cannot receive texts nor calls from any other network. Being told it’s being sorted hasn’t been so far. 

13 REPLIES 13

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

Have you been in web chat with Support Team? They are the only ones who can see your account to help out. We Forum Members idon'thave that kind of access.

When you make a call, what number shows on the recipient's phone? What number shows in your phone's settings? Always worth a check, but you may be experiencing a partial port  - they will be able to sort it out for you.

Yes they just keep telling me it’s with the back end team. It’s been days and not sorted. When people on other networks ring me it just gives a non available message or tone. People on Three can ring me fine. I can’t do my job without my phone so it’s a real nightmare 

That seems to me that it's your old network that haven't sorted matters OR the job hasn't been done fully by smarty..

Chalkychap
SMARTY Major Player
SMARTY Major Player

Sorry to hear your number switch hasn't gone smoothly @JaneThi_1940446

I'm sure you'd rather have a working mobile number, but OFCOM's rules (the UK mobile network regulator) on mobile number switching state: 

1. You are entitled to compensation for each day your switch is delayed.
  2. The gaining service provider (SMARTY) is 100% responsible for switching the number properly.

If your number isn't working properly yet @JaneThi_1940446, maybe think about making a complaint. 

Thank you. Yes I have done so. Really need it sorted, people can’t contact me! 

Not what you really want hear, but you're due at least 5-days compensation for failure to switch your number over to SMARTY - I hope SMARTY get it sorted soon 🍀

AboveAndBeyond
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hiya, how did the porting of your number go in the end?                                                                                               I am a new member , my number I have had for over 18years so a tad worried reading how numbers are not be ported correctly. 

Welcome to the SMARTY online community @AboveAndBeyond.

I've transferred my mobile number to SMARTY on two separate occasions, and each time everything went well. 

Reading the community pages of all the UK mobile networks, you'll find they all make mistakes when transferring mobile numbers. I guess what's important is how they fix problems when things don't work as expected.

If you're worried about transferring your number @AboveAndBeyond, you may want to consider switching to a service provider with a telephone support helpline - SMARTY only offer online support using web chat between 8am - 8pm daily. 

Michael_C
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi,

Did you ever get this storted, I'm on the same boat as of yesterday moved from Lycamobile to Smarty and PAC port supposed to happen yesterday - yet am partially ported and received an email stating its delayed. Let me know how yours ended and didit taKE LONG, WHAT DID YOU HAVE TO DO?

@Natalie_2037612,

Are you ab;e to advise, my existing number was supposed to port yesterday.  I suffer with Parkinson and now find myself with a situation whereby my mobile only accepts calls from Three/Smarty mobiles, everything else goes to the new Smarty number which I dont want.  As you can understand it is not ideal and I have on several occasions today asked for an update on the port of my number and have been advisded that there is no ETA and that I will get an email and text when it takes place, however reading some of the posts here it worries me that this is not going to be resolved quickly.  I have tagged you as I am trying to reach out to someone at Smarty that can hopefully tell me this is going to get sorted and am not having to wait weeks having to carry 2 phones with me just in case.  Thank you 

Michael_C
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

How did you resolve this?, I am in the same situation moved from Lycamobile to Smarty yesterday.

What did you have to do?

George
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi @Michael_C there has been an incident on Lyca's end which has impacted some ports, if you contact our team smarty.co.uk/contact they may be able to update you.

Hi George

Thank you I have chatted to team and also spoke to LycaMobile who confirmed all PAC requests are currently not working and they are working to resolve.