cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network unstable

Mrabsent
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Relatively new to this network but finding it increasingly frustrating at the moment.

just watching videos I’m getting the network unstable constantly,opening pages takes an age and it’s like I’m on dialup.

just to open this up to post this I’ve had to go back on my 1 bar voda phone signal which is far more stable.

iv checked speeds and I’m getting 7mbps which is hardly top speed but the phone is less so I dunno.

6 REPLIES 6

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Mrabsent  Have you looked at coverage and network status checkers?

Mrabsent
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Coverage says good at indoor and outdoor as that’s why I chose 3 network is just seem to be the consistency.

I have noticed that they are working on mast in that area now so maybe the issue at that time is to do with that as peak times was horrendous and did slightly improve towards the early hours.

I will persist until the mast issue is sorted and see if that makes it more usable.

was annoying as a Vodafone phone with a 4g speed of only 3.5 perfectly streamed a movie whereas 3 at a speed of 8 odd couldn’t.

EdvinsB_2079214
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hey buddy,

Switched a week ago from GiffGaff. Regret it, because of the same issues. Top speed I have ever had was 10mbps. Switching back to GiffGaff this Friday. I am not even going to mention unstable MS that makes mobile online gaming impossible. And yes, I tried it at nearly every part of the town and on 3 different 4g enabled phones. So it is definitely the network. Most of the good reviews come from London, so if you are not from around there I would not recommend Smart or Three as it is the same network and same story, at least on PAYG.

Screenshot_20230530-172350_Chrome.jpg

Just did the test and see the image for results. This is in an area eith excellent coverage. Pathetic, unfortunately.

@EdvinsB_2079214 it’s a pity that the service doesn’t meet your needs. Fortunately, loads of us do have the service we need at a great price. This is the way of mobile signals it seems.

Hey  EdvinsB_2079214 

I would recommend checking our network status checker, https://bit.ly/3EzWp6u as we may be working on your local mast.