cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My service

PeterMa_1232495
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I've checked my phone settings and everything as it should be but for whatever reason my phone won't call as soon as I'm out of the house which is obviously when I need it the most.

Extremely frustrating and surprising as your service has been excellent at all times in the past. 

7 REPLIES 7

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

It sounds like your phone may not be compatible with Smarty's 4G calling. Previously it would have dropped down to 3G to make or receive calls, but 3G has now been turned off across most of the country. Your phone is probably using WiFi calling when you're in the house, hence it still works there.

See this page for more info.

Thank you.....its a relatively new Samsung Galaxy....SM-A032F which according to Smarty own website should be compatible.  Its definitely using WiFi calling as once I turn WiFi off on phone it won't ring.ive tried removing and cleaning sim card then reinserted and no joy.

If its an old Sim card do you think if I got on to Smarty for a new updated Simcard that'd work?

On my Sim card manager in settings it says Sim2 3G/2G which could be the problem if 3g network vlosed down

Any advice appreciated 

@PeterMa_1232495 Doesn't that suggest that you have set the phone to use 3G/2G? Shouldn't it be set to at least 4G?

I don't think changing the sim will make a difference unless you suspect that the sim itself is damaged/faulty. The service would be the same on a new one.

Have you done a Network Status check for your area?

Thank you again for your help.....I'm 100% lost now. The network status check for my area says all good which as you say suggests a problem with the phone maybe?

On my Sim card manager within settings there only appears to be 3G/2G options.....the phone is 2nd hand ( bought from a phone shop) Samsung Galaxy A03 Core.....model number SM-A032F/DS

Maybe that's the problem.....was going to contact Smarty....think I still will to see if they will send replacement Sim card but no obvious damage when I took it out and wiped it.

I'm getting " not registered on network " when I'm trying to ring out which Google suggests that " your device's sim card is not connecting to your mobile provider's network "......totally flummoxed 

Checked my phone model number and definitely 4G compatible so going to email Smarty......hate that you can't ring or speak to anyone....most likely just get another network provider that gives support

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@PeterMa_1232495 When you say "your service", you are not writing g to Smarty directly; we are forum members like you and do not run the show.

I'm with @SmartyTrousers  on this as there have been a load of similar posts since the turn off of 3G started.

Cheers yes realise this now!!!!