Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages only being sent on old number after porting

DaveCros_611644
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi,

Bit of a random problem here. 
son joined Smarty in October from Three. I ported my number across and didn’t really have any problems. I’ve been SMS’ing my wife yesterday as her signal jibbed and we noticed that my messages were coming out of a random number (assume the old Smarty number). 
So if send send an SMS (from another handset) to both numbers the messages both come through on my ported number. But when I message from my ported number it shows as arriving from the old number. 
This is quite annoying and not what I’d expect… any help? 
I’ve also notice/found that you can’t message 62**** numbers (ie BTP, Absolute Radio, etc)which is really annoying. 

Any help?

thanks,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi  DaveCros_611644

this does sound like an error has happened when porting your number over, I recommend speaking to our chat team as we can check your account and do the necessary troubleshooting https://smarty.co.uk/contact available daily from 8am – 8pm.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi  DaveCros_611644

this does sound like an error has happened when porting your number over, I recommend speaking to our chat team as we can check your account and do the necessary troubleshooting https://smarty.co.uk/contact available daily from 8am – 8pm.

DaveCros_611644
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Spoke with the chat team and they gave the following solution, which worked for the message issue (on iPhone!). 

For iMessage, fix your number under:
Settings > Phone > My Number > edit the number to the correct one
Then;
Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > tick/un-tick the correct numbers. Wait a minute for the new number to load. Same for Facetime.

Elizabe_2819067
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

That hasn’t worked with mine

@Elizabe_2819067 Network reset?