cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with SIM Card Delivery and Customer Service

Tharshe
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I am reaching out as I have repeatedly contacted SMARTY's customer service regarding an ongoing issue, but it has not yet been resolved.

On July 21st, I ordered a SIM card and received a confirmation that it would arrive within two business days. However, it took much longer to arrive, and when it finally did, I had already lost a week of service. I mistakenly activated the SIM before it arrived, which further complicated the situation. Despite several emails to customer service explaining the issue and asking for a resolution, I have received inconsistent and unsatisfactory responses.

The delay in resolving this has wasted a lot of my time, and I am very unhappy with the service I have received. Despite providing all the necessary details multiple times, the issue persists, and the lack of clarity on when my service actually begins is frustrating.

I hope that by posting here, I can finally get some proper assistance and a resolution to this matter.

2 REPLIES 2

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Tharshe Unfortunately, we are just customers like you and so have no direct 'clout' with the company.

The service started when you activated the sim for which a plan had been purchased; therein lies the problem. Without wishing to sound unhelpful, why did you activate something that you did not have in your possession? There is of course no way that Smarty could know that you did not have the sim as it is not sent as signed for (too expensive).

There seems to be a general problem with delivery of sim's but that is down to the postal service,  over which Smarty have no control.

As far as clarity is concerned, if you go to your dashboard https://smarty.co.uk/dashboard/ you will see when the plan is due to renew.

I realise that this may not be what you wanted to hear however, I do wonder if a complaint raised via the website and asking them to help you out in the name of good customer service may do something for you.

You do raise one good point; perhaps the website should be modified to suggest that Smarty AIMS to get a sim to customers in two business days, but this is subject to postal delays.

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

As far as I can see, there isn't really anything for Smarty to resolve. They've posted the SIM to you 1st class, either on the day you ordered it or the next working day, and they've activated it when you've told them you're ready to start using it.