cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Internet download speed

VK
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My indoor download speed is farcical. Under 1 Mbps. I'm connected to 5G or at times 4G+. Upload is temperamental but satisfactory. I use Galaxy S22 Ultra. 

3 REPLIES 3

PeterC
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

The best bet would be to put the SIM in a router and use an external antenna (or at least find a good position to put the router) and then connect to that via wifi. Would be a pain swapping the SIM card each time you go out. Possibly a second SIM for use when out?

PeterEv_1457273
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

On iPhone 10 xr I get 49 Mbs download and 9 Mbs upload.  Sounds about right for 4G?

SimonCar_165798
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Well average I get is 5-15mbs DL and an average of 20mbs UL. Max DL is 34mbs but it bottoms out so often I wont get reading of 34mbs . They claim a max of 70mbs via 4G and square that for 5G but 4G realistically is half of their claim.

And range from mast for me is not an issue plus tested on many devices over a long period.

Promises are made and no improvement has been made compared to a few year ago but what makes it worse is they are about to disband the two frequencies that are dependable when rest fails.

One final thing samsung cannot force switch between 5g 4g or 3g with native settings , it will juggle the 3. There is applications you can use to force to 1 signal but I recommend not to without revision.