cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify number from SIM card

PhilipG_1359579
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I have several SIM cards which I use for mobile Wi-Fi in various devices. If I’m not going to use a particular device for a while I suspend the plan. I now have several inactive SIM cards but can’t figure out which one I need to reactivate to make the device (a CCTV camera) work again. Is there anywhere I can identify which mobile number is linked to a particular SIM card ?

Appreciate I should have kept a note of the sim/phone number combinations, but that’s kind of irrelevant now…..

9 REPLIES 9

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

The SIM card provider should be able to tell which mobile number is linked to which SIM card.

You may need to contact the providers of each SIM card for assistance, but if a SIM card becomes inactive most providers will NOT reactivate the SIM card.

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey  PhilipG_1359579,

If they are all SMARYY sims you may be able to see this on your dashboard but if you are having issues, you can get in touch with our chat team.  https://smarty.co.uk/contact and one of our advisors will be more than happy to help. Available daily from 8am – 8pm

I hope this helps

Hello @Rebekah_150 

Can you signpost us to where we can find the sim details please?

I have looked everywhere on my dashboard, but cannot see anything other than my number.

Possibly I have missed it🙄

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

when you log into your dashboard the phone number would be on the top right hand side of the landing page 

Thanks @Rebekah_150 .

I misunderstood - I thought you meant that the actual sim number was showing on the dashboard, as well as the mobile number.

I thought that the OP wanted to match the sim number to a mobile number.

SurreyEagle
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Sorry - duplicate post

SurreyEagle
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I too need to know this. I have a group and ordered 3 extra SIMs. The numbers have been ported from the previous supplier. There is no way of knowing which SIM = which phone number. Can anyone help?

Have a look at the post from @Rebekah_150 below

Another option would be to put each sim in a device in turn and ring the three numbers. By a process of elimination, you will find out which number is attached to which SIM card.

SurreyEagle
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Thanks for the response. I can see the phone number fine; I am trying to work out which SIM equates to that number. I guess I will have to do as you suggest and insert a SIM, make a call. SMARTY sent these all addressed to me without any reference, which is not great, in my opinion. In their defense, The SIM was on the dashboard before I ported it, so I should have noted it down.