cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid for a data sim yesterday , i already have a sim i bought from argos how do i get it activated

IanMcCl_2241767
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I paid for a data sim yesterday , i already have a sim i bought from argos how do i get it activated.

Instead if the one they have posted?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@IanMcCl_2241767,

The following is a copy of a Smarty article on how to activate a SIM, whether that's the one from Argos, or the one in the post.

Some report that the app/online will prefer the one being sent by Smarty.  Either way your data plan shouldn't start until the SIM has been activated.

Activating my SIM

Begin your billing month and start using your shiny new plan

Has your SIM arrived in the post and are you ready to activate? 📬

If so, Log in to your online account and tap Activate my SIM to begin your billing month and start using your plan. 💃

Activation should happen in just a few minutes but could take up to 2 hours.

We’ll send you an email and a text to your SMARTY SIM when your SIM is activated.

You’ll automatically get a brand new SMARTY number when you join. You can start using this number as soon as you activate.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@IanMcCl_2241767,

The following is a copy of a Smarty article on how to activate a SIM, whether that's the one from Argos, or the one in the post.

Some report that the app/online will prefer the one being sent by Smarty.  Either way your data plan shouldn't start until the SIM has been activated.

Activating my SIM

Begin your billing month and start using your shiny new plan

Has your SIM arrived in the post and are you ready to activate? 📬

If so, Log in to your online account and tap Activate my SIM to begin your billing month and start using your plan. 💃

Activation should happen in just a few minutes but could take up to 2 hours.

We’ll send you an email and a text to your SMARTY SIM when your SIM is activated.

You’ll automatically get a brand new SMARTY number when you join. You can start using this number as soon as you activate.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Good advice from @Strandloper 

The only thing I would say is take a deep breath and step back, otherwise in your haste, you may end up activating both SIMs and paying for two services. 

Far better to just wait to receive the SIM that Smarty has sent you. 

MaddiSi_1033070
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I renew my plan and they still asking me to renew it while the money was paid