cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I ordered a sim, bought one as I need it immediately. Problem.

BlairCa_2930068
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Having ordered the SIM from smarty and not willing to wait two days as I need one now, I bought a SIM card from a shop and now I need to activate my account on this shop bought SIM card.

The message on my dashboard is showing 'number not yet assigned' and all advice online isn't applicable to my issue.

How to use this sim card in my hand for the account I've already paid for?

7 REPLIES 7

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

Simply put, you can't. 

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

As @WelshPaul  says, you can’t. If you really want to use the shop bought SIM, you’ll need to sign out of your existing Smarty account, then activate the new SIM, creating a new account (with a new email address) and paying for a new plan, as part of the activation process. You would then need to log back in to your original Smarty account to chat to support and get them to cancel that first plan and refund it.

Or.. you could just avoid all this hassle and wait for the SIM you’ve already ordered to arrive. In my experience they almost always arrive the next working day after they are dispatched, but that will depend on how good or bad the postal service is where you live.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@BlairCa_2930068  As the process is currently running with reference to the sim that is in the post, you cannot interrupt it and substitute a new sim.

Added to that, Smarty will not know when you receive the sim until you activate that one - the plan will run from then.

I'm afraid you are unintentionally confusing the process.

@MSF  - no, the processes at Smarty need to cater for exactly what @BlairCa_2930068 wants to do. Additionally, I was able to order 2 SIMs (for different people) using the same email address (i.e. account), but for love nor money cannot get the second SIM activated - and the service processes don't cater for it either.

@NathanS_2940108 If you ordered two sim and want to use the same account, then the second will need to be a 'nickname' sim in the group managed by the first sim holder.

The processes at smarty will most likely stay as they have set them up - let's face it, they still have not introduced short code texts and so not much else is likely to change in the near future , I think.

@MSF  - but there is no process to add the 'nickname' SIM unless you activate it... and you can't activate it using the account already active, but can't create a new account without ordering a brand new SIM.....