cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group plan - already have spare sim

AmySamp_2126311
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi, my father is in hospital and lost his phone. I have a new phone for him and already had a spare smarty sim, but I cannot figure out how to active the spare sim and set it up! Even with the instructions online. When I log in it to activate sim it just takes me to my normal view and I can’t find it anywhere - I got to a point where I was activating it before o logged in but then I don’t get it as I would need to make a new log in! I must be missing something? Seems easier if I applied for a new sim and was sent one in the post but this would delay me getting a phone to my dad. Please help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@AmySamp_2126311  If you want to add him as an independent account, you will need to start from basics with a new email address and use that sim.

As an alternative, you can form a Group and add the sim as a 'nickname' account using the same email address. This will mean that you control both sims and pay for them - depends if he is happy with that!

The advantage is that you will get 10% discount on each plan (but not if you buy a special offer plan)

This article should help you: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/3417277-what-is-a-group-plan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@AmySamp_2126311  If you want to add him as an independent account, you will need to start from basics with a new email address and use that sim.

As an alternative, you can form a Group and add the sim as a 'nickname' account using the same email address. This will mean that you control both sims and pay for them - depends if he is happy with that!

The advantage is that you will get 10% discount on each plan (but not if you buy a special offer plan)

This article should help you: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/3417277-what-is-a-group-plan

Except that there is no process to add a new account (email etc) when activating a SIM. You HAVE to log into an existing account to activate and when you do that the system does absolutely nothing.

You need to open a new account and ORDER an brand new SIM (what a waste of time and materials).

@NathanS_2940108  I think I may have replied on your other post. Please take a look at Groups and see how to add another sim there.

When you go down that process, you can only get Smarty to send you a brand new SIM or try to add a SIM you have in hand (but needs to be activated, but no process to do that using an existing account).