cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lost sim in Egypt

Michael_1595831
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have lost my sim in Egypt and need a replacement before 24/09/2024 please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

This is a discussion forum where Smarty customers can help out other Smarty customers with advice.

You'll need to chat to Smarty support to arrange for a replacement SIM to be sent out (to your home address.. they won't be sending it to Egypt).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

This is a discussion forum where Smarty customers can help out other Smarty customers with advice.

You'll need to chat to Smarty support to arrange for a replacement SIM to be sent out (to your home address.. they won't be sending it to Egypt).

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Michael_1595831  As @SmartyTrousers  states, Smarty won't send a sim to Egypt. (Even if they did, can you imagine how long you'd probably have to wait? I'm guessing 24/09 but in 2025!!)

Can your phone support an Esim? You can buy them online e.g. Airalo, Holafly and they usually work out much cheaper. They are data only (except in rare cases) and you then use an app like WhatsApp to make calls.

Spot on @MSF however, as @Michael_1595831 has lost his Smarty SIM card, Whatsapp, Telegram and Signal wouldnt have a SIM card, and therefore phone number, to work with. So, in this case, @Michael_1595831 would be better off purchasing an Egyptian SIM card with a data package. Once he obtains an Egyptian SIM card, Whatsapp etc would then have a phone number to work with. 

@RovingRaspberry  @Michael_1595831  This is an interesting point. A Google search suggests that you do not need the sim in the phone in order to use WhatsApp. The app will already be on the phone and the user will already be signed into the account. and the rest will work over the mobile data from the Esim.

When I used an Esim, I had the physical sim turned off; from that I would assume that the phone could no longer 'see' it, exactly the same as if it had been lost.

That's interesting @MSF 

Good find ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘