cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Smarty. Why won't they give me a PAC code?

Celou
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I need some assistance, please. I ordered a SIM-only plan from Smarty, but their SIM didn't work on my phone (4G problem apparently, even though I got 4G no problem with Lebara but hey, I've accepted that now). Despite informing them, they cancelled my Lebara SIM and transferred my number to Smarty using the PAC code I provided.

I was left with no working SIM so I reordered a SIM from Lebara, and they gave me a temporary number. I'm now trying to transfer my old number from Smarty back to Lebara, but the chat staff are absolutely useless. Even though I repeatedly informed them that I can't request a PAC code online due to an error message and that texting for a PAC code doesn't work either, they continue to send me standard chat messages suggesting that I get a PAC code online or by text. Then they don't reply for hours and leave the chat without saying anything. I am wondering if I am actually chatting to human beings and I am pulling my hair out! I feel like I am in a catch 22. I even put a review on Truspilot and I got an answer saying that they have reached out to me to find out more information but I haven't received anything from them at all, no SMS, no emails, nothing in the chat. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Not having much luck are you @Celou. How did you requesting the PAC online? Was it via their website or the SMARTY app? Try both methods if you haven't done so. 

You should submit a complaint @Celou. You can do that via this link: https://smarty.co.uk/complaints

Thanks @WelshPaul I tried both (numerous times) and tried the text method numerous times. I have told the advisor I would submit a complaint but honestly? They didn't care. I don't think they are planning on reimbursing me either.

Anyway thanks so much.