cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get an account deleted?

LenCuff
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I had an account a long time ago but this is being shown as closed as I left Smarty.

I have now decided to return but when I try to use my primary email address on a new sim, it says it is already registered.

I've created a new email address to get me up and running but would like to use my primary email so how can I get a closed account/email deleted so I can use it again on my new sim?

5 REPLIES 5

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@LenCuff,

Normally if a SIM isn't used for at least 6 months it will be deleted.

It seems there is some residual information that has been kept on the Smarty system for some reason.

I can't think of anything to suggest to help you directly, but think the best would be to contact a Smarty Agent via Webchat and raise this.  They will have access to your account details and hopefully be able to transfer your primary email to your new account.  If they can't, consider escalating this up the chain with a complaint

Thanks, all I want is for my original account to be deleted so I can then change the email on the account I created for the new sim. When I try to do this it says 'already registered' yet when I log on using the primary email it says Account closed! I'll email them and see if it can be sorted.

@LenCuff  That sounds like your only option. Be sure to explain carefully what has happened and what you are trying g to achieve - all in simple language, perhaps via web chat.

I have a similar problem, i am abroad my daughter sent a new sim as my other went sour and now  i want to cancel subscription but the dashboard is saying register new sim. The bot won't move forward because it wants a number phone number which i dont know the number.i dont have

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Probably some personal information relating to that account still remains - I would have thought that if account deletion is requested then that stuff would also get 'anonymised', so then you would be able to start again fresh with that email. That's what I had experienced. 

A month ago when setting up my new SIM - I had a 'blank' Smarty account already but I never placed an order online. A few days after I wanted to setup a SIM I had bought in a shop but it wouldn't let me as the signup flow makes you create a new account. Using that 'delete account' function, I then set up a new one during activation with the same email and it worked!