AlanRou_1462104
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
8 REPLIES 8

648Robbo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I set my phone up like this in Northern France but I could call the UK or have any network access. I am shortly off to Corfu.

Is there a way of checking you have everything correct - i'm fairly confident I did- before you travel?

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

You would just have to check your settings.

Are you sure you had network coverage in northern France ?

In situations like you describe, its worth using manual network selection, rather than accepting the automatic network selection offerred by your phone.

I have done this but my phone is still not working at all. I am in France. What else can I do please? 

@JoannaP_2527877 Have you checked each of the networks that your phone discovers? You definitely changed the APN setting to mob.asm.net ?

Hi, thanks for responding. yes I have done both of those things and still have no reception at all. I cant even use the phone. 
Is there anything else I can try? 

@JoannaP_2527877  Can you try the sim in another phone to see if anything is different? Cannot really think of anything else at the moment.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@AlanRou_1462104 Whereabouts in the EU? I ask just in case you are near a border with a non EU country and picking up a signal from a network in that country.