cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU roaming allowance limits

AndrewT_1896481
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have an 8GB plan and I’m trying to find out if when I roam in the EU whether my data cap will be 8GB or the 12GB EU roaming limit. 
If it’s 8GB do I have to buy a data bundle if 4GB to reach the 12GB limit? 
Is there anyway to buy data above the 12GB limit ? 
Online help is that helpful and the online chat person just got really confused. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@AndrewT_1896481  It's all about choosing the most appropriate plan so, if you are likely to use 12Gb then best to go for that plan.

The good part is that you can chop and change plans each month as suits your usage.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @AndrewT_1896481  If you have an 8Gb plan, then you can use it either in the Uk or the Eu or a combination of both.

It is only if you have a plan with over 12Gb of data the the 12Gb limit comes into play. In those cases, people need to buy an EU roaming data pass in order to go over the limit. the passes are for either 1 day or 3 days as outlined in the Price Guide: https://cdn.smarty.co.uk/files/SMARTY-Price-Guide.pdf page 16. 

You may be also confusing this with the UK unlimited data passes on p15 of that guide - these are for 1, 3, 7 or 30 days giving unlimited data while still in the UK.

Hope that helps - the Price Guide should make it clearer.

Thanks for that , so I’m probably going to be better to switch to a 12GB plan for an extra £1 to get the full 12GB allowance? 

@AndrewT_1896481  It's all about choosing the most appropriate plan so, if you are likely to use 12Gb then best to go for that plan.

The good part is that you can chop and change plans each month as suits your usage.