Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 0 when sending texts

MrMclau_2084338
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@SharonM_2434689  Suspect that you are trying to send to a short code number. Smarty do not currently support that system.

Did you read other posts in this thread?

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @MrMclau_2084338 : Have you checked for local problems?; 

AngelaR_2083405
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'm getting the same error message. Did you find a solution?

@AngelaR_2083405  If this is what I think it is, it was a problem with o2 network yesterday.

I only had the problem today and I'm still unable to repond to a text. 😞

@AngelaR_2083405 Those posting seemed to be trying to send text messages to people on the O2 network. Did that apply to you too?

I've no way if knowing. Was trying to respond to a text sent by an organisation. I'll try again tomorrow. Thank you for your help.

@AngelaR_2083405  You weren't by any chance trying to respond to a message that came from a 5-digit number? In that case, you cannot send a text as Smarty does not yet support that service.

This has been mentioned a number of times in forum posts. I had a customer service text asking me to rate the service - I could not do it as it was a 5 digit number.

AngelaR_2083405
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It wa a 5 digit number. I was able to send it successfully last night. 

@AngelaR_2083405   😳 That's unusual ! They say that they don't support short codes.

SharonM_2434689
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Why can I not send a message to pay for messages and get an error 0 

@SharonM_2434689  Suspect that you are trying to send to a short code number. Smarty do not currently support that system.

Did you read other posts in this thread?

No it's  full 11 digits, maybe I was given the wrong digits.

@RonaldM_1510441  It it is 11 digits and is a normal UK mobile number, then looks like you have indeed been given the wrong number.

No it's a full phone number

Hi, I'm a new Smarty customer. I text my BP twice daily to a service provided by my GP trust. Not being able to do this is a total pain, and I probably wouldn't have changed to Smarty if I'd known this was a thing! Not very impressive. Is it likely they will support the system soon?

As this is a community forum, we are customers, just like you, we don’t work for Smarty, so wouldn’t know the answer, unfortunately.

Sad to say that as you need to text your blood pressure twice daily to your GP, then you probably have no option but to switch networks, unless your GP practice has an app which you can download for the same purpose. 

Maureen_2585523
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I am trying to send a message to an Irish friend. Keep getting error 0

That is classed as an international text, so you would need to add an out of plan add on

OR - if you and your friend in Ireland both have WhatsApp, send the text via WhatsApp as it will be free of charge. 

@Maureen_2585523 You are sending an International text and that is not included in your Smarty plan.

If you need to send a text, then you need to add credit to your account for out of plan usage - check the Price Guide for details of International calls and texts.

As @JJP2RidesAgain  correctly says, may be easier to use WhatsApp (over mobile data or wifi) if both you and the friend have it.