cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E sim

RobinJa_2004332
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

@give-us-eSIM  I want order an iPhone 14pro when will Esim be available?

7 REPLIES 7

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

Not for a long time. A couple of years I reckon!

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

It’s only the USA version of the iPhone 14 series that is eSIM only.

All other versions of the iPhone 14 series sold outside the USA still take physical SIM cards.

Just don’t get a USA version iPhone 14 Pro and you will be fine. Or if you do, you would need to take out a contract with another mobile company. 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@RobinJa_2004332 That question has been asked a few times over the last six or more months and we have never had a definite response from Smarty. I would not purchase a device that relies on esim unless you are prepared to move to one of the more expensive networks.

@JJP2 is spot on about the iPhone14 USA version. Not sure what will happen in a few months when the iPhone15 is released though.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

The iPhone 15 series is / was rumoured to be eSIM only in Europe in addition to the USA. 

I guess the networks could be keeping very tight lipped, but I feel it’s too late now, as we approach September, for the 15 series to be eSIM only in Europe…Unless, starting next week, we get a rash of networks saying “Surprise ! You can now get eSIM on our network !”

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

iPhone 15 will have a SIM card slot in the EU and UK for sure. Both are lagging way behind when it comes to eSIM rollout.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Probably @WelshPaul given how close we are to mid September ( 13th ?) when the iPhone 15 series launches.

This and other articles did suggest the iPhone 15 series could be eSIM only in the UK and EU :

https://www.pocket-lint.com/the-iphone-15-could-go-esim-only-in-the-uk-and-other-european-countries/ 

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

I'm confident it won't, it would hurt iPhone sales. The MVNO's want to pull their finger out though as the iPhone 16 will likely be eSIM only for sure.