cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cannot make or receive calls

Nicholas_829036
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi guys today I got a brand new lG wing brand new in the box I've put my smarty mobile and it is registered in as the network but I cannot receive or make calls I can receive Texts I've checked everything on the phone thinking that is because the phone was from China I put my partner as a Vodafone SIM card in and he's working fine it is a unlock phone

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Nicholas_829036  Did you start by checking coverage for the area and also a Network Status check to see if there are any local mast problems?

If the situation continues, contact smarty Support via web chat.

Yes 

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Hi @Nicholas_829036 ๐Ÿ‘‹
When we talk about 'unlocked' phones this only covers the use of a SIM from different suppliers.
Does your phone have the ability to make VoLTE call and connect to WiFi Calling? Are these options available options on the handset? In the Settings under Connections/Mobile Networks/Network Mode do you see '4G' or 'LTE'?
You need the 'LTE' option available to be able to use the VoLTE connection and to make/receive calls.
What a lot of people dont know is that the phones software, and its updates, are controlled by the original network the handset was sold by.
What you need to do is look for the 'Software Information' that is on your phone. If it has any of these codes in it then that means the phone was originally sold by Vodafone and they will control the necessary updates to the software that enables VoLTE and Wifi Calling.
Codes:- TSC, VIR, VOD (Vodafone)
If you see any of these codes then that is why your partners SIM works and yours doesn't. 
A good idea, to see if this is the case, is to put your partners SIM back into your phone and perform a 'Software Update' as this may then get the relevant download to enable the LTE connection. 
I did a post with regards to this:-
https://community.smarty.co.uk/t5/chats-hacks/can-t-make-receive-calls-not-necessarily-a-network-pro...

Good luck!

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

You need to look at the spec sheet of the device for the market in which it was released. Does it support the correct frequencies, bands and networks?