cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't change from a data only plan to a voice olan

EvanWyn_2908505
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi - I've accidentally bought a data only plan for my phone and want to change it to a voice plan. When I go to change plan in the app, it only gives me the option to change to other data plans and it says that upgrading to a voice plan isn't available at the moment - can somebody please help?

4 REPLIES 4

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

I would recommend chatting to Smarty's support team. I don't know if they'll be able to switch a data-only plan to a voice plan, but in the very least I'd imagine they could cancel and refund the data-only plan and you could order a new voice one (there's a possibility you might have to create a new account under a different email address for the new voice plan, but see what they say).

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@EvanWyn_2908505  You will need to contact Smarty Support via web chat. They will need to retrovision the sim to add on calls and texts as the data only sim does not have this enabled.

As far as I am aware, this is done remotely and you should not need to change sim or start a new account.

EvanWyn_2908505
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Thanks both for you replies. I contacted Smarty via web chat and they have changed my plan to a voice plan that will come into effect on the plan renewal date, so all good. 

@EvanWyn_2908505  Good news!