cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't believe how fast the SMARTY/3 network is!

PeterSm_1580201
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I just switched back to Smarty now that I have a phone that works with 5G on the network. I was with EE and then Lebara for a bit. Smarty wipes the floor with them for 5G speed where I live. It's about 10 times faster then Lebara was on the day I did the test. Both networks had a 5G connection.  In fact, even using Smarty with a 4G connection, it was 3 times faster than Lebara's 5G connection! I get about 500mps on the Smarty network at home - great.

3 REPLIES 3

Richard_1587184
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I had been happily with o2 for so many years, even as far back as the BT Cellnet days. During the last year, where they were installing 5g masts, the speed of 4g plummeted to 25%-50% of the speed it used to be. When it connected to 5g, the speed was even slower than 4g.

When my contract ran out in July, I opted to switch to Smarty, and I find the 4g speed is almost treble the speed of o2 before the speeds dropped off at about 60+Mbps. In certain areas where I live, it can sometimes pick up 5g, and the speed is about 100-120Mbps. I have had speeds in London of over 1000Mbps on 5g, where on o2, it was about 200Mbps.

So far, I am impressed with Smarty and how cheap it is compared with o2.

Good for you 2. I'm prowling these forums because I struggled to make my SMARTY SIM work properly.

Jack0x
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I switched to EE and while the 4G speeds were decent, it was pretty expensive to pay for montly on pay as you go. I then a few months later went back to SMARTY when I upgraded to a 5G phone and when in an area with 5G, it's incredible. 

Only con is half the time I get 3G in most areas of the West Midlands. At home I do mainly get 5G, which is where the incredible speeds are.