cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atrocious signal

Gwyndy
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I have just joined Smarty as I was fed up with the coverage from the other major networks. The coverage map suggests that I should get a good signal both indoors and outdoors. I have virtually zero reception inside the house and minimal coverage outside.

Whilst I fully appreciate that coverage maps are only a guide I would have expected that, in places where I can get reasonable service from my existing provider, Smarty would at least match this. For example, I walked around 400 yards from home to a location where I can get signal from EE - download test showed approx 60 Mbps. Smarty speed was <1 Mbps.

I don't think that I'll be staying long!

5 REPLIES 5

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

This is the Smarty community forum, we are Smarty customers.We don’t work for Smarty.

At least you aren’t tied in to a long term contract, as Smarty only offer 30 day contracts, so at least you are able to switch to another network quickly, if you choose to do so.

Linsey
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey, Thank you for sharing this with us. 

SMARTY is genuinely sorry to hear that you are experiencing network issues. We recognise how frustrating this can be, as we understand the significance of having a reliable connection, especially in today's world. Since this is a public community forum, there are limitations to what we can do. To investigate further, we would need to adhere to Data Protection regulations. I would advise contacting customer support: www.smarty.co.uk/contact/ 

Explain your situation to them, and they will look at ways to potentially enhance the network for you. If you'd like, you can also ask the representative you speak with to mention my name (Linsey), and I'll be more than happy to take a closer look. 😀

Linsey - Customer Excellence Team

Gwyndy
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Thank you. I have had a very long chat session this afternoon but nothing yet resolved. I wil try your suggested contact route.

Gwyndy
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

After another lengthy online chat with Smarty this afternoon, they have concluded that - "We won't recommend using our SIM in this location". This is despite the Three network coverage map showing - "Yes, very good service.
Great news. You've got very good 4G coverage for calls, text, and mobile internet". This has been escalated, hopefully for correction.
I do at least admire the person to whom I have chatted being totally honest about this issue and a refund for my first payment has been actioned. We could have saved a lot of time if my earlier conversation had been equally 'up front'.
Back to EE for now and the search for a reliable provider will continue.
Thanks everyone for your contributions during my short stay!

On the west coast of Scotland and Anglesey the signal is BAD/non-existant tho in a city is fine... 🙄