cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I get refunded for trying to switch off adult filter?

Bell1984
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Just attempted (with my debit card) to switch off the stupid adult filter not knowing it's only Credit cards yet still took £3 out of my account £1 each time obviously. It had a tick and accepted it but then said "Unprocessable entity".

So when will I be refunded?

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

Bell1984
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Will it be reversed? There should be a function that refuses debit cards. I should've read more thoroughly I guess but still, it shouldn't have taken it out of my account 

Probably in the backend it detects that you used a debit card and fails though we don't see a message in the UI explaining this - something that Smarty could improve on since a few on the forum have done this only to then find out that only credit cards are accepted (or they need to use another method to verify) - there is an article that explains all about it. Web chat will likely be able to see the payments you made and sort it for you, though.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

The community members here can't access your SMARTY account @Bell1984

For assistance with a refund, you'll probably need to have an online web chat with a SMARTY agent, from https://smarty.co.uk/contact - scroll down to "Other ways to get help".

The agents work 7-days a week, 8am - 8pm.

lukefow_2236187
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

this wont help with a refund but to bypass the filter if you cant get it removed you can use a VPN

lukefow_2236187
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

if you contact customer services they should refund the money taken from your card