cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App usage showing i text a random number...

AndrewW_2092263
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My wife and I have both joined Smarty in the last two days. 

On both our accounts under usage it shows us texting a random number when we first inserted the sim card. Is this part of the registration process as when I Google the number we supposedly text, it's linked to Google Verification Spam Callers which is my concern. 

Has anyone else spotted this?

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@AndrewW_2092263  I cannot say that I ever experienced that - although I have been with them a while and things may have changed.

I'm assuming that there was no charge for the text. You could have a web chat with Support Team if you are concerned.

Hello, no there was no charge for the text and I couldn't see it on my messages app so no trace. Contacted customer support and they said they couldn't see it on my account either. So no real trace apart from the Smarty App. Same thing happened on my wife's this morning hence I wondered if it was a set-up thing. 

Is the same issue evident in the usage history shown in the online dashboard (https://smarty.co.uk/dashboard), for your SMARTY account @AndrewW_2092263

Hello, yes, it appears there too. 

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I joined SMARTY Aug '22 @AndrewW_2092263
Looking at my Usage History for Aug '22, I don't see any SMS messages to an unknown number - all my texts are shown as being sent to known contacts.