Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number transfer problem

GaryHal_2062831
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi all.

Well what can I say its been something of a nightmare, I switched to Smarty mobile last Friday 19/05/2023 and I read the assurances of transferring my number so I thought ok its only going to be 24 to 48hrs I can live with that. But its now been a week and my number is still not transferred. I have a phone now which is useless no calls no data no txts, my old sim no longer works, and the old account has now been closed. I have been very patient about this but its now getting really rather silly and unprofessional. I use my phone for work business and domestic so you can imagine the problems this is causing me.  To make matters worse everyday I check the transfer progress and it keeps extending the estimated completion date by another day. The support has stopped responding this is truly shocking customer service. Not a great first impression!

5 REPLIES 5

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey  GaryHal_2062831,

I am sorry this has been your experience but you would need to speak to our team directly so that we can can investigate this, there are a few ways to get in touch here. https://smarty.co.uk/contact 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@GaryHal_2062831  I totally understand your frustration.

Am I correct in assuming that you can make calls, but that they come from the random number assigned when you activated the sim?

If all else fails, it may be worth raising a complaint via the website to escalate matters a bit quicker.

I hope it works out for you.

GaryHal_2062831
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

No I can't make any calls only what's app calls using wifi, this has been escalated to the support its now been 11 days since the transfer began!

GaryHal_2062831
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi All.

Just an update to this sorry saga, despite numerous assurances my number transfer failed!! After 3 weeks of excuses and waiting not to mention the stress and issues this caused I finally gave up on the apparently incompetent tech support. I have now transferred to ID mobile and it took them just 2 days to complete everything, amazing! I now have a fully working mobile and I couldn't be happier.

@GaryHal_2062831  That really is a great pity! Sorry that Smarty didn't work for you.