cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Internet and Roaming?

Jomac
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Does anyone else use the Smarty 4G SIM with unlimited everything for their main internet connection? I found as a single person the unlimited SIM perfect for my internet connection not only in price but in speed as well. I have had some insane speeds with my SIM and most of the time it compares very well with the low end fibre speeds often hitting speeds of up to 150MBs+ ADSL or landline internet doesn't even come close to what I get.

In addition, I enjoy going away in my motorhome, sometimes for weeks at a time and the ease of simply grabbing the 4G modem to use in the camper makes life very easy even when travelling abroad.

3 REPLIES 3

Martcal
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I use an unlimited data SIM for my home internet. I bought a used 5g router and sat it on my bedroom windowsill. It works perfectly for me, I'm also living alone so it doesn't get a lot of heavy use. I can stream 4k movies and TV fine as well. 

Jomac
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I have to agree. I also use my motorhome quite a lot and its a 2 minute job swapping the router over into the motorhome. They are far better than the small WIFI Hotspots for speeds.

PeterC
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Yes - prompted after having issues with our landline 😞 and also buying a motorhome :-). We've got a Huawei router sat on the windowsill and an external antennna.

We generally get a BETTER data rate than our landline (both upload and download) although there have been times when it has dropped lower (we live in a rural area).

In the motorhome (UK) we have driven around streaming radio over the internet and it's been rock solid. We also took the SIM on holiday to Iceland with no problems at all (in a phone).