cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£10 add only lasted 10 minutes in Canada

DavidSm_1800216
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

So we both bought £10 add ins for Canada which only lasted from walking from the plane to the baggage claim. Any idea what we are doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @DavidSm_1800216 I imagine that you left your mobile data on and the phones immediately logged on to the local network and started looking for and downloading email etc.

As you probably know, data is charged at 25p per Mb, so it only takes a little activity to 'eat' through £10.

If you look at your data usage: https://smarty.co.uk/dashboard/usage-history this may give you some more information.

If you feel that this is not correct, you should contact Support Team via web chat, but I think that I have the explanation (from bitter experience!!!)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @DavidSm_1800216 I imagine that you left your mobile data on and the phones immediately logged on to the local network and started looking for and downloading email etc.

As you probably know, data is charged at 25p per Mb, so it only takes a little activity to 'eat' through £10.

If you look at your data usage: https://smarty.co.uk/dashboard/usage-history this may give you some more information.

If you feel that this is not correct, you should contact Support Team via web chat, but I think that I have the explanation (from bitter experience!!!)

Thanks eventually figured it out and switched off automatic downloads on mobile data. You live and learn !

Late to the party, but for future trips overseas,if you have an esim compatible phone, have a look at "Airalo" or "Holafly", who both offer very cost effective data only packages for travellers.

Having used "Airalo" a few times in the USA and central Europe, it works well and is very cheap.

Search "Airalo esim" and "Holafly esim" on YouTube for videos about both services.