YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,071 REPLIES 1,071

SylviaD_1659821
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love being able to take photos with my phone and having them transfer to my tablet and desktop  to view and adjust.

LloydOS1170429
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
    Bring back a new version of the Sinclair C5

JamesNo_1462676
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love my iphone as it allows me to do all my emails and online stuff on the mooove; plus the smarty network is decent priced for data too!

JeanCol_1417528
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love the calendar on my phone/iPad…the ability to sync and save appointments, and then send me a reminder….magic !!

Shanter
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

An iPhone. I was a many years Android user, and once tried and iPhone, it changed everything. I love having everything in one handheld device and being able to access every bit of information and my every file from anywhere in the world.

SametEl_1489653
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

1st q:Contactless payment via my mobile phone definetly made my life easier and faster to manage. NFC is my favourite part of using new generation devices. 

2nd q: I think it would be perfect if we could use radios on our mobile devices without headphones.I love to be unable to predict next track and hear from people from around the world. I cannot carry a radio with me wherever I go.So radio in phone without headphones would save my day!

3rd q:For future features  I would like to see from mobile tech is 3D screens that we can touch and manage. Like drawing pictures, writing letters without touching to screen but the holographic images maybe.

Dannybee_591182
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love my Hawaii tablet I use it for work and on jobs on breaks to watch movies and play games to pass the time along 

SametEl_1489653
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

1st q:Contactless payment via my mobile phone definetly made my life easier and faster to manage. NFC is my favourite part of using new generation devices. 

2nd q: I think it would be perfect if we could use radios on our mobile devices without headphones.I love to be unable to predict next track and hear from people from around the world. I cannot carry a radio with me wherever I go.So radio in phone without headphones would save my day!

3rd q:For future features  I would like to see from mobile tech is 3D screens that we can touch and manage. Like drawing pictures, writing letters without touching to screen but the holographic images maybe.

GV
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

@YulianK wrote:

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

I love that my devices are good value for money and able to run most of the things I throw at them. I have a phone that can do almost everything and can charge quickly, I have a laptop that can play heavy and demanding online games and I have a game console that I can use anywhere when I don't have time to sit in front of my laptop and play my games. Things that are important to me are, devices that don't break the bank, good value, worth it and able to do all the things I need. 

RomiA_1234015
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love that I can take stunning pictures of my favourite moments<3

JasminBr_866090
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What do you love most about your current devices? Im a bit of a ludit im my device choice, partly as im not one to update every 5 minutes, partly becauae once i get used to something i dont want to change ot up! Much more an android lass than apple lady, just think there freedom in android use. I wish i had a better camera on my huawei p30 however. I've had a great digi camera samsung n2000 which i baight 9 years ago, is only 21 mp and the pictures come out 5 times better than any phone ive had and there is wifi and bluetooth connectivity to use your phone as a remote control and transfer photos to other devices wirelessly, so if you want to take pictures of birds in the snow close up for instance you can from the otherside of your kitchen window. If there was an updated version of this as slr and megapixals and phone all in one this would be amazing! Im big into my mobile widi devices too as im always on the go, wifi hubs and landlines are not possible where i live. I have not tryed these devices as 5g yet as my area has only had it made available really! A mobile wifi device which is just as good in speed as a wifi hub would be great! 

MohsenT_1220906
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

If mobile could connect to the Starlink satellites and use its internet connection, that would be great. So, technology makes it easy for people to get online. For people whose government restricts access to the internet, this technology is pretty useful. 

KarinaG_1710343
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would be lost without my Kindle, my iPhone and my Apple Watch.. My kindle holds so many books and it goes with me on my travels several times a year. My iPhone as well as being an essential communication tool, is also my most used camera and photography is a passion of mine. My Apple Watch keeps me on track with alarms and reminders including motivation to move/exercise! Phew! 😉

AdrianO_1638082
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Google phones - had them for 5 years now. Great camera and easy to update OS for a long time. 

I miss the old Nokia's purely for the battery life. I wish I could have a phone that lasts a week and doesn't give me a heart attack every time I drop it. 

RachelDu_925266
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite device is my garmin watch, as it gives me just the right level of functionality; it encourages my fitness and wellbeing and I can use it for listening to music whilst I run. And I prefer it to other smart watches that aim to function more like a secondary phone, because I don't like feeling like my attention/ time is being taken away by the watch - it adds to my life rather than taking away valuable time.

It's not so much of an update but I think it would be great if there were more integration/ connectivity between devices from different brands - e.g. smarth watches to phones etc. I know they want to encourage you to buy everything from them so don't make them compatible but it would probably reduce electronic waste and make our lives a lot easier!

SakuraMari
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

If they updated a classic device, my favourite would be my first smartphone, which I think was a Sharp Aquos Compact SH-02. I bought Sony Xperia after the battery and the spare battery both packed up, but it wasn't as good. So my third phone, I chose Sharp again and this time got a Sharp Pi, but still preferred the very first one, the Sharp Aquos Compact.

MoayadA_1536003
SMARTY Livewire
SMARTY Livewire

I love my pad as I can do anything on it from watching films and TV to writing short stories for my grandchildren and emailing them to them.

kikipo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  1. What I love most about my current devices is the combination of convenience and power they offer. I can quickly access all the information I need, create complex projects, and do so much more in a short amount of time.
  2. If technology issues were no problem, I would like to see classic devices like the Nintendo Gameboy updated with modern technology. I would love for it to have a larger color screen, updated controls, and the ability to play more modern games.
  3. In the future, I would like to see mobile tech become even more powerful and versatile. I envision phones and tablets with the ability to interact with the world around them, like being able to control lights and appliances, or even use augmented reality to interact with virtual objects. I would also like to see improved battery life, faster processors, and better cameras.

rebelrouser67
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love my tablet..can stream TV or Xbox games.turning into a multimedia platform.

DawnLawr_548239
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my phone as I use it for lots of things just like a mini laptop!! I check emails take photos that's a big thing for me for work and social friend's and family photos, diary , phone calls lol texts all the time .... Be it through socials or mobile ....

rebelrouser67
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love being able to stream TV or Xbox onto my phone or tablet.

CLACKER
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite thing about my tech is my phone was free and works with my Smarty sim 

JamieHo_1047136
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Loving my doogee phone with its big battery that lasts for days and good cameras for taking video from my drone

JoBeam
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love a good camera, so I can take great pics. I'm also very grateful that my current phone comes with a case & that it's got gorilla glass, as I drop it all the time!

FionaMcC_330995
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Samsung S21fe for ease of use, size and memory. I would love to see the Nokia 3210 return, updated to present technology. In the future, I would like more compatability and access across all the different operating platforms. 

Who this?

JoeWasse_592205
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love the ease of tech now, My PC has less problems, my phones have less problems, obviously it’s not perfect but certainly came a long way.

Now that cameras are better I’d love to see more phone makers allow crop in stabilisation like in the iPhone, It can be super handy not just for running and recording but in an emergency, say trying to record a cars reg or get someone’s face.

Kathlee_1294358
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I really enjoy using my Alexa as it can update me on anything I ask it about

ShilpaR_1386215
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have a Blackview Tab 9 tablet. I got it to use with my other favourite bit of tech, my Casio Privia px-s1100 piano. Together I can use my tablet & piano to read music, but also adjust the tone, pitch, pedal effects and the same acoustic effect as playing in the Albert Hall!

This is on top of the everything else I used my tablet for, staying in touch whilst quarantined, banking, shopping, studying...the world at your fingertips.

I'd love for VR to become more mainstream. 

LisaPrim_761494
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would love a new phone my current one could be mistaken for a relic from the Middle Ages!  

DanBurs_1752635
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Philips Hue lights are my latest project. Amazing home much lighting can change the look and feel of your home.

Angelde_1307976
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I really like my iPad Air portability. Big enough to watch Netflix or remote play my consoles, but small enough to be carried everywhere.

AndyAins_711619
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Question 1

That my wife can use it 

Angelde_1307976
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my iPad Air portability. It’s big enough to watch Netflix or remote play on my consoles, but small enough to carry it everywhere.

MarkFor_1304381
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I wouldn’t be without my iPhone which I link to my iPads can work from anywhere and with more 5g becoming available lightning fast connections mean life is simple.

DavidMo_1447599
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I really love my Samsung a70 great battery life and fast charge 

JackBro_1730278
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Google pixel phone as it has amazing voice dictation and as I am dyslexic it's super helpful being able to voice dictate rather than have to type and spell new words!

RhettCla_845321
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I’m loving my new Apple Watch as it’s helped me immensely with losing some excess pounds and helped me get healthier!

Joeyannejojo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I loved the Samsung galaxy S10’s camera. It broke and I currently have a secondhand iPhone 6 and it’s no where near the level. 

ChrisWi_1738128
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love the fact that I can have a pin,fingerprint and face recognition for security access, and the fact I can put my device into kids mode and not worry about anything being deleted,