YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,071 REPLIES 1,071

Stephen_1700460
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?  I would like to see VR augmentation to assist with everyday tasks, like HUD personal maps with overlays giving wiki style information, safety hazard alerts, health & fitness tracking etc. All displayed in your field of view without needing to stop your tasks.

AliPople_825860
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hi, I love my Samsung A52 phone, its camera is good enough to use for all my photos, and they get backed up for me so I cam loose them, and also can order hard copies from any online photo app! Perfect, and easy in today's hectic world! 

Zissou
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My iPhone is my favourite device - still can’t believe I can video call my nephews in different countries basically for free. 

I want to see the pager back in some form! Leave the phone at home but have emergency contact ability.

For future features I want something to be done so as going onto every single website isn’t a miserable experience due to cookie pop-ups.

SharonMo_927536
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I feel so blessed to own a smartphone. I use it for absolutely everything and keep all my important stuff in one place.

MalcolmG_345643
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite bit of tech is my iPhone love Face ID and strong password generator built in memory is not as good as it used to be 

DaveP-1949
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love Finger Print recognition on my pad, I hate that facial is the only recognition available on my iPhone and because of poor eyesight holding device 5 inches from my face, and unable to move the phone away quick enough to capture my blinking face and failing. The Honor Magic4 Lite feature of finger recognition is something I would relish!

GinaJOL_1367577
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My Fire tablet is the tech I value and use the most (apart from my faithful refurbished laptop - I'm ancient). I can listen to audiobooks, because I can't hold a book to read anymore, and I can get messages, make calls, and do all sorts of stuff which I need and want to do to make life good. pop in a bag and haul it around with me. Easier to view than a phone.
Classic device? A simple cheap computer which would be usable by everyone without worrying about being too tech-savvy. The old BBC computer was ideal. Raspberry pi didn't hack it for me.
(I know it's a program but I'd also like to see a re-issue of Starfish which I used in the 90s for a diary, and all sorts - loved it).
Future of tech? Making it possible to carry on with real life instead of being glued to a tiny screen. If I could have a removable hard disk instead of a brain that would be fantastic, but creepy.

Rach76
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would love to see the Sony Ericsson w800i reproduced as a smart phone.  Listening to music and podcasts on my phone with Smarty's generous data package gets me through the day and all of my family are now on Smarty having been so impressed with the customer service, coverage and tariff. Thanks 😊!

dazfinlay
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Best consistent bit of tech - other than smart phones - is the eink readers given the long battery life : they were great in lockdown and for portability

Future tech I'm looking forward to are fully driverless cars (safer roads and more efficient for the planet ;if we all use cars per journey rather than own them)

dazfinlay
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

For me the best bit of kit is the e-ink reader (eg kindle) as portable and convenient and long battery life 

I'm looking forward to fully driverless cars though (on a rent per use basis) as safer more convenient and better for the environment 

AilsaMc_1542559
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The 'portrait mode' on my camera is amazing and I love being able to take really high quality photos of my family and friends without having to bring a camera around with me. 

I would love it if I was able to take pictures in a wide variety of size ratios - I end up cropping photos for frames etc so much whereas being able to take them in a wider range of formats would save a lot of time and create better shots. 

Rach76
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The Sony Ericsson w800i should be reproduced..very cool phone. J live listening to music and podcasts, gets me through the day with smartys generous data package. All my family use smarty now! 

gorkyshaw1984
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my android one phone (Mi A3). It was a steal deal at release, and still is a wonderful device. It boasts of a 48MP shooter (one of the earliest) quite like the Honor Magic 4 and more awesome features.

I would love to see the android one programme make a return with a bang.

Mikel
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My phone has such a good camera that I no longer need to carry around my Nikon camera and filters. And with apps such as Snapseed I can edit my photos on the same device to create professional effects and even watercolour artwork.

TonyBenn_435285
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Going forward I'd like to see more compact phones with expanding or sliding screens.

KevinAnthovdk
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

That every day is innovating, offering everyone in the world many tools that can be implemented in everyday life. Also, we can learn new things, be creative and improve ourselves every day or facilitate contact with our friends and family from wherever they are. Technology is something that really helps us make it a bit easier and I would give thousands of examples but in the end we all agree that finding everything in a single device has been a revolution.

3DotsPaul
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my newer phones, but I kinda wish "non-screen buttons" would make a comeback.  Between wrap-around screen edges and "everything on the front is part of the screen" I find myself fat-**bleep** things and launching random apps when I try to pick my phone up, unless I've already got it turned off.  I don't need every square mllimeter of phone surface to be a touch-reactive screen!

IanM
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I really like my HDHOMERUN tv box, great for recording 4 programs at one

MarkSher_430824
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Samsung a90 5g as it's large and does all I need at a good price

calshah
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Huawei phone as I can do anything on it. I can watch movies, writing notes,  blogs and emails on it.  

Matthew_1324728
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I like an 'all rounder' device, good storage, good processing speed, decent camera and a solid device that doesn't break with the first fall.

Richard_1571007
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My smart watch. Keeps a check on my exercise, and is always there with a subtle reminder to push me to do more.

MarcinP_1315569
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love Android phones I am crazy on new technology and also mobile phones with big camera and huge zoom also mostly important for me is fast charging, maybe in the future we will see solar charging in the phones that will be something amazing. I am sure new phone Honor plus Smarty SIM card will work perfect together 

G30ff
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I'd love to see High Resolution 3D scanning in mobile phones, with software that made it easy to use, capable of outputting accurate and precise files for 3D printing. Imagine the possibilities.

EmilyBr_1229485
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

What I love about my Huawei y6 2019nis the features of the camera the apps and the fast rate that it downloads and stores things. It also allows me to watch videos and stream content quickly and the charge lasts for a long time. The bit of technology I would like to see updated are the old Samsung A's they were great and a lot better than an iPhone. From the next piece of technology I would like to see a better camera so I can do more photography for college and work

LauraGri_743556
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love my kindle as it means I can read wherever I am and have access to so many books... I can never be bored!

AndreiT_1670370
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love the small size of my device, all the new phones are gigantic

Poolog
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love the Raspberry Pi! Having the ability to program a device to do exactly what you want is amazing! From micro laptop, to games console to media center, it does pretty much anything. Just wish they had more in stock!

KarenMKendall
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love that I have access to so many apps and information via the internet all in one place, in my hand, pretty much wherever I am.

AdamFreeburn
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite bit of tech is my iPhone - however the classic piece of tech I would love to see updated is the Nokia brick! 

KarenMKendall
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I absolutely love the fact that I have access to so much information via the internet and apps, all in one place, in my hand, and "almost" everywhere I go.

CaroleR_1457677
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I would like to have a phone where the battery lasts as long as the manufacturer's claim and ideally for 24 hours

SteveMae_247387
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Lenovo Tab. Great battery life and the integrated stand makes is soo versatile, right down to watching in the bath on a good sized screen!

Steffen_1637384
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite part of using the router is being able to use it on the go and being connected when my internet cuts out. It has been a life saver to continue my university work and reach deadlines 

AnnePetr_597468
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love my Apple Watch, it’s brilliant for recording fitness and workouts and closing those rings motivates me to move my **bleep**😁. I wish Apple would bring back the iPod, loved version 5 that had everything, radio, podcasts, camera, they could now pair it with AirPods it would be perfect 

PhilCar_1321070
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I go away a lot in my camper and Soley rely on my Huawei Wi-Fi router.   I have unlimited data with Smarty so a win win. Good luck all 

IanRose62
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Asus Chromebook, it integrates perfectly with my android phone.

HelenSh_1162668
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my acer predator helios 300 gaming laptop as it allows me to play a range of games that requite mid level specs and has 1tb storage which is plenty. 

MattiaC_1494094
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would like to see projecting capabilities in mobile phones, ideally even for AR (i.e. phone projecting a 3D object/image/movie) - that would be so cool!

Suzanne_1154752
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

would like to see solar charging from UV rays so even in your pocket or bag it charges