Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Prize Draw] Let us know about your favourite bargain

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

PD_Banner_1st.png

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE - WINNERS 

We are delighted to announce the winners of SMARTY Community Anniversary Prize Draw🎉🥁🏆

• LizSlyfi_756500 
  • IBRAHIM_1329146 
  • ShauneC_1454547 
  • AlphaCh_1188069 
  • YvonneMc_959576 
  • JoshEll_2277220 
  • adilayu_2347091 
  • OCH 
  • yuvrajd_1732908 
  • LedleyH 
  • tonyada_1073593 
  • DB1 
  • NegativeZero 
  • Timothy_1677946 
  • JoeWasse_592205 

Congratulations to our lucky winners! Please check your Community Private Messages inbox for further info.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we have received some wonderful entries! Better luck next time🍀

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours. So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over two thousand posts ! Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

Cut yourself a slice of cake and stick on a party hat, because we're celebrating one whole year of the SMARTY Community 🎉

If this is news for you - where have you been? The Community is the fount of SMARTY knowledge, where anyone can ask, and answer, any question that pops up.

To celebrate an amazing first year, we are giving you the chance to win one of 15 £100 Amazon vouchers.

How can I enter?

Simply log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the "Let us know about your favourite bargain" article, before the draw closes on the 21st of January 2024.

• What was the best bargain you've ever found?
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

The Draw

There are 15 £100 Amazon vouchers up for grabs, that we'll draw using a Random Number Generator, so get your entry in now.

If you are not already part of the Community, fear not - signing up takes seconds once you are there.

Competition terms can be found here.

Best of Luck.

Team SMARTY

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
2,125 REPLIES 2,125

ChrisPad_360790
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It Has to be double date. Blackfriday, Thank you 😊 

Kaurfy
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Amazon tablet that was to be chucked. Plugged it in n it works 

GeraldV_2312263
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My top tip for bargains is to shop late night or close to closing times on a Sunday. 

Michael_2035814
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain I ever found was Smarty Mobile. I was paying a fortune on PAYG with another network.

This year, the best bargain I have bagged so far, is a set of tyres for my car in the January sales. 

And finally, the number one tip for getting a good bargain is to shop around.  There's usually a hidden gem just waiting for you to discover.

ChrisPad_360790
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It has to be Black Friday double date 

JoelCar_1943054
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

"What was the best bargain you've ever found?"

Most definitely my best bargain was during a black friday promotion with smarty where I got double data for no extra cost 🙂

silviosav
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found? A garden sprayer worth £20 and paid only £7 on an Amazon lighting deal.
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? Re-activating my broadband with Virgin at £22 for 100MB speed after cancelling it two days earlier because they were going to raise my billing at the end of an 18 month contract and what they were offering was not good enough for my £25 a month broadband budget that I absolutely wanted to stick with.
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? Haggle kindly any service you pay and always on the lookout for limited time or quantity deals anywhere you can be notified from.

JahidulI_209985
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain has to be buying on gumtree especially cars if you look hard enough

EmmaSpe_2286225
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Using the too good to go app managed to bag some excellent breakfasts and lunches both at home and in Europe.

Mohamme_2081854
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

The best bargain I ever found was before covid when I bought my first car for £300 and everything was working

the best bargain I found this year was my smarty mobile sim plan as it came with a free upgrade that doubled the data.

my tips for finding bargains is to use student discounts if u are a student aswell as signing up to receive newsletters can help give u discounts 

DanielM_1901458
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain I ever got was a free bottle of champagne at the hotel in the Shard in London. Staff wiped it off the bill completely after I highlited they had missed it off the bill. They appreciated my honesty and said it was on them ! 

MarkWeatherill
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

🤣🤣🤣

Samanth_1384738
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Smarty helped me alot. It was a fantastic deal with £20 deal unlimited data text and calls. Really helped when I needed it. 

EmilyCa_1993517
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain is smarty mobile

BarryCh_2181514
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Best bargain is 32gig for £8 on Smarty

Best bargin this year. 32 gig for £8 on Smarty

Number one tip. Always shop around for bargains 

EmilyCa_1993517
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Nothing better bargain than a bogof offer

Guillau_2193573
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Effectively getting a ‘free’ mobile phone back in the day when contracts would do cashback deals!

A pair of running shoes which were a knock down price on clearance - almost £80 saved!

Definitely shop around on different sites, and leave things in your basket for a day or two if not urgent!

PavelLj_2277327
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

1. Probably a pair of cymbals that I bought a few years ago. 

2. Nothing so far.

3. Quality and obviously a price of that particular offer.

Craigoneill11
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? Flirt haha!! Be friendly smile and polite. Being kind gets you everywhere. 🙂 xx

Michael_T
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

My SMARTY Black Friday deal, meaning can keep my mobile costs much lower than comparable competitors

Craigoneill11
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

• flirt… haha. 

• be polite and friendly. Smile and be kind. Xxx 

Jonatha_2018778
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

A £1 black rollneck jumper I bought in the samples store at the UK Levi's HQ when I went there on a student visit 25 years ago, I still wear it every winter ;-D

Hutch
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Best bargain ever found was a book called the invisible choir, fantastic read

Best bargain this year has to be a Chromecast I brought to make my mum's TV work better for her

No 1 tip for a bargain is shop around, once you have found what you want at the price you want HAGGLE you can always push the price down a little more 🧐

SparksNEmbers
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
    always keep an eye out for offers in companies newsletters  

OscarO2265688
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • Black friday 7.99 large pizzas brilliant!

BrianGr_1396783
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

1- New york for 2, 5 days flights/hotel £658

2- only been 11 days but got £145 shoes for £70

3- Supply and Demand, buy your winter stuff in summer and summer stuff in winter👍🏻

JohnBurb_465737
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

in 2005 I bought a second hand car for £9500, it is still going strong 19 years later.

olichubb
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What was the best bargain you’ve bagged this year - Whilst volunteering at a festival this summer, got chatting to this lovely woman selling breakfast in a van. A free bacon, sausage and egg wrap made 6am that little bit better. Result

AnnWhit_2245452
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

Use vinted to buy your favourite items “new with tags” for a fraction of the new price!

DamienG_2195313
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My favourite bargain this year has to be the deal I got wen buying both my daughter and myself a electric scooter I was fine with having a nearly new/refurb but as my daughters was a Xmas gift I wanted new or atleast close to for the warranty etc they £569.99 each brand new but as I bought two and only 1 needed to have a warranty I got both for just over £800, £475 for my daughters and 350 for mine that's my favourite this year well either that or the s21 I brought a year ago dead cheap but broke the screen immediately so couldn't use for ages lol

RonaldB_2066733
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

my favourite bargain is my 30gb a month smarty sim card

JesseTy_1358047
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain I have got this year is an electronic skincare set for £99 down from £285

Mally442
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I ever found was 2 pristine 27 inch 1440p monitors on Facebook marketplace for £40 each.

olichubb
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain this year - Volunteering at a festival and got talking to lovely woman selling breakfast. 6am wake ups selling wheelbarrows were made that bit better with a free breakfast wrap each morning. 

hamburgler_a
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found? A countertop dishwasher, refurb on amazon. Washes dishes and prevents arguments with my partner. Absolute bargain. 
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? 2 for 1 on sauce Shop buffalo sauce. If you ain't tried it you are missing out. 
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? Pay less

BrianGr_1396783
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

1. New york for 2, flights/hotel £658

2. Only been 12 days lol but got pair of nike trainers for £70 down from £145

3. Supply and demand, buy your winter stuff in summer and your summer things in winter👍🏻

LiamHor_1785207
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Black Friday double data

TimHiggi_425206
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Smarty mobile, best bargain going 👌 

ChrisRat_302235
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My top tip is to not ignore emails from your favourite suppliers. I picked up an amazing discounted package just by having a cup of tea and reading the latest offer email, so my advice is to give them head space and air time to listen to what they have to say.

HybridViggo
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain tip - visit supermarkets late in the evening to maximise the chances of marked down products due to expiry dates