cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJ_Walls
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

All other major networks and some MVNO's have visual voicemail. For the iphone base, it's very easy as it's a one size fits all sort of thing. After being with Vodafone for 2 years, the idea of going back to a standard voicemail seems so so silly. Being able to label, listen and share voice messages is a must have!

7 Comments
MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@DJ_Walls  I think for many of Smarty's customers (me included), this is not really a 'must have'. The majority probably stick with Smarty for good value and no nonsense. The service may be basic, but then so is the price.

kibblewhite
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I would love to have visual voice mail though, and would pay a few quid more per month for it. Opportunity missed perhaps?

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@kibblewhite  If you are prepared to pay more for it, and it is important to you, wouldn't you be better off moving to a network that offers it? They will likely be more expensive.

kibblewhite
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

@MSF- Okay, I'll do just that. Thanks for your help.
I think I found one, that offers almost the same deal with visual voice mail:
https://www.voxi.co.uk/sim-only-plans

Let me know what you think, do you think it will work? Many thanks.

Here's that part on their site about setting it up:
https://www.voxi.co.uk/help/articles/how-do-i-set-up-visual-voicemail----f72a2c70-c2d1-4ed2-b9b8-3d8...

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@kibblewhite  To be honest, I have no idea what level of service you may get with that network.

Firstly, you will need to consider what Vodaphone coverage is like where you are - and then assume that Voxi gets the same service level..

I suppose you could join for a month to see what it's like and then port your number across if you find that it suits you better than Smarty.

I suppose therein point is that many of us are not too bothered about visual voicemail and find that we get a reasonable service at a good price.

kibblewhite
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

@MSF  okay, thanks, I'll check their reviews and what others have said about them and try and make an educated choice based on the information I can collect about their coverage etc.

For me, and for the others who do find not having visual voice mail a deal breaker, at least there appear to be options out there.

RovingRaspberry
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

You could always try an app called "Hullomail* from the London based company, Thumbtel, which is a more than capable replacement for iPhone Visual Voicemail.r