cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webchat

SueRedshaw
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Really disappointed and frustrated today. Webchat did not respond for 15 mins, then more than 5 mins in between query and response. Gave up in the end!!!

I am trying to activate a SIM card on a data-only plan to go in my router. I want to add this SIM to my account to create a group. I have followed instructions for doing this on a webpage and on app. On webpage you are asked to log-in to your account and I cannot find anywhere to activate a new SIM. On the app I have tried to start a new group, but can then only order a new SIM, cannot find a way to activate and add a SIM I alreday have!!

If anyone can provide step by step guidance I would be most grateful.

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

I believe that you will need to activate the sim with another email address and can then move it to your group.

I am quoting this article: - https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/1112781-business-plans-with-smarty

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Yeah, the SMARTY web chat is often very frustrating. 
It's bad enough that 'chat' is hardly ever in real-time, and I don't ever seem to ask questions correctly because the support team give me answers to something I've not asked about... it's weird. 

AlecEdworthy
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

It looks like you can't add a SIM you already have in your hand to a group as a device you own, as you have found you can only request a SIM to be sent to you if you want it managed under your own email address. If you have a second email address you can use then you can activate the SIM using that email address and then invite that email address to your group. The downside of this is that your first payment (during activation) won't get the 10% discount.

Steps at,

https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/3406401-how-do-i-start-a-group

See Adding A Spare SMARTY SIM at the bottom of that article.

A