cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

VoLTE calls are inaudible to the recipient

JamesSmi_405477
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi. I have a Samsung A52 5G in an area with 5 bars of 4G coverage.

However, whenever I make outgoing VoLTE calls, most of the time the people in there other end can't understand me because it's garbled. I have to turn off VoLTE to make a call. This isn't sustainable if the 3G network is being turned off 

Why is VoLTE on 3/Smarty so bad? What could be the root cause? I've never had this issue with other operators.

6 REPLIES 6

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

On the off chance, can you try your sim in another phone?

JulieCa_1251663
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'm having the same problem 

KevinBu_1727867
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

At least your devices are offering volte. My Moto 62 62 5g has only just started using WiFi calling but 4g volte no no. Anyone interested just buy a pay as you go sim from EE pop it in and instantly you see volte, as ee is the only operator to offer a flawless volte service for its pay as you go. Most networks pretend they offer it but in reality only for the pay monthly and then only to handsets they provide. One sure way to know regardless of what people tell you is that if you dont see volte 4g calling then it's not 4g calling. Laughable is how many people have 5g handsets that when they make or receive a call the internet becomes useless because of no volte handover. Replicate by running a speed check whilst making a call, sorry to burden anyone with this issue but it's a utter nonsense that the regulator has not forced this. The very reason that ee has given free data even when your pack runs out is because it saves them money having calls still carry over volte and RCS not breaking.

Ruky_0329
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'm having the same problem.

ROBERTW_1913602
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'm having the same problem as well.

Wilsiano
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Did this ever get resolved? I'm currently having this issue