cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail PIN Reset

Dip
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

The voicemail instructions say use *6 if you've forgotten your PIN but this simply prompts a response that the PIN hasn't been entered. A new PIN is sent by SMS after 3 attempts but this PIN isn't accepted either. Can someone help please?  Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@Dip,

If you phone 123 from your mobile with the Smarty SIM.  You'll be given a number of options, if you press the number/option 4.  This will give you a series of options, pressing the number/option 1 will take you to the option to change your pin.

This can be done because the call is coming from the phone with a Smarty SIM, the assumption is that you have set up security on your phone (such as an unlock code, finger print I'd etc).

Hope this helps

Steven when I phone 123 from the handset which has my smarty SIM it asks for my PIN to access voicemail with just two options *3 for a mistake and *6 for a forgotten PIN (which doesn't work).  If I enter 4 it is expecting a PIN and says it doesn't recognise it/PIN must be at least four digits.  

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@Dip,

Before I posted my initial post to you, I did exactly as I suggested.  At no time was I asked for an existing pass code (despite there being one).

Maybe I'm just lucky.

If things aren't working for you with what is suggested, or the way you've tried, you will need to contact  a Smarty Agent via Webchat.  You'll need to explain simply, but exactly what your problem with the pass code for your voicemail is

Thanks Steven, I've got in touch with an agent and they're deactivating my voicemail and I'll try setting it up again.  Thanks for taking the time to help.