cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using phone abroad

Lenny_472925
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi all. I'm going to Jamaica from the UK. I would like to know from anyone how your android etc phone worked when you were abroad. I have my android phone's APN set to 'mob.asm.net.' Any information appreciated. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Although I don't use an Android device, @Lenny_472925, I've used my SMARTY Mobile SIM card in Australia and the USA without any problems. You'll need some credit in your SMARTY account though, because Jamaica is not an inclusive roaming destination, so you'll pay the roaming rates applicable in Jamaica. 

With APN setting "mob.asm.net", you'll be sure to get a mobile data connection while you're roaming - calls and texts will work regardless of the APN value. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Although I don't use an Android device, @Lenny_472925, I've used my SMARTY Mobile SIM card in Australia and the USA without any problems. You'll need some credit in your SMARTY account though, because Jamaica is not an inclusive roaming destination, so you'll pay the roaming rates applicable in Jamaica. 

With APN setting "mob.asm.net", you'll be sure to get a mobile data connection while you're roaming - calls and texts will work regardless of the APN value. 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Lenny_472925 I have used my phone abroad on a number of occasions without any problem. That said, it will depend very much on where you are and what signal is available.