cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unable to make call

ClaireB_1798323
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'm unable to make a call I have a Samsung phone so does my husband and kids .I'm unable to ring my husband any ideas why can only ring though whatsapp to him 

12 REPLIES 12

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Check your Smarty account dashboard, to make sure you have an active plan.

I am guessing, and it is just a guess of course, that your WhatsApp calls are using Wi-Fi, which could possibly indicate that you do not currently have an active Smarty plan. 

As this is the Smarty community forum, populated by Smarty customers, we do not have access to your account details, so any issues would need to be raised with Smarty staff via webchat. 

I do have an active smarty plan we all with smarty

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@ClaireB_1798323  Assuming that you do have an active Smarty plan showing in your dashboard, I would try the following.

Delete your husband's number from contacts and then try calling him again.

While I am not 100% certain this will work, I have seen it as a solution in the past.

We are all with smarty 

@ClaireB_1798323 OK, try the next part as per my reply and see if it makes a difference

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@ClaireB_1798323  Can I also assume that you are both in the UK  and not roaming outside the EU? When you called via WhatsApp, was it on mobile data or on a wifi?

Both in UK it rings twice and stops ringing but I'm still on the line it just goes dead no ring tone.doesnt matter if it's via WiFi or mobile data .5 people on smarty in household and only unable to ring my husband only via whatsapp.he can ring me no problem 

Put your SIM card in another phone if you can - If you can ring your husband without problems from another phone, itโ€™s your phone that has a problem. If you still canโ€™t ring your husband from the other phone, you have a faulty SIM card and need a replacement. 

Also, make sure that your husbands number in your phone hasnโ€™t been corrupted / changed in any way.

Have you tried ringing other numbers ? Does that replicate the same problem ?

Its only my husband I can't ring its ever since I changed to smarty I was previously with ee no problems .I can ring anyone else no problems

@ClaireB_1798323  But did you try removing him from contacts and then dialling his number?

Yes didn't work

@ClaireB_1798323 Can you perhaps swap sims with your husband so that you are using his phone. If the problem persists, this sounds like a sim issue, if it is cured then a phone issue could be the cause.

If it is a sim issue, you could either: 

1.Have a web chat with the Support Team, or

2.Order a replacement sim (this would lock your account until the replacement sim is activated)