cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with data

KimOddy_2127505
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Having trouble with data can’t use satnav without Wi-Fi sways have in the pass while I’ve been abroad. I’m in Spain now & need to use satnav?

3 REPLIES 3

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@KimOddy_2127505,

How long have you been in Spain?

This could have a bearing on data usage. Have you been using your satnav while in Spain?

Smarty have an upto 12GB data usage limit of your normal plan.  You may have already reached this.

Alternatively, I think there is the option to purchase data packages for use when abroad.  I'm not sure of how cost effective this is compared to using a Spanish SIM with data

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@KimOddy_2127505,

Does your phone support an eSIM?

If so, consider https://www.frewie.com/ .  This eSIM provider covers Spain, and has just been highlighted to the Smarty Community by @JJP2

Linsey
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Good afternoon! 🖐

Please review your data usage to ensure you have not exceeded your 12GB fair use limit. However, as with all service providers, we cannot guarantee 100% coverage when you're abroad. There can be various reasons for connectivity issues, and unfortunately, since you connect to a different network, SMARTY has no control over it, and we wouldn't have access to that network's information.

We understand that experiencing network issues is far from ideal and can be very frustrating, especially in today's world. You do have the option to manually change the network you connect to in your device settings, which may be worth trying. Additionally, you can attempt some standard troubleshooting steps to address the issue:

• Restarting your device and/or resetting your Network Settings (this does not affect your device storage, apps, pictures, etc.). This will refresh your connection to the serving site, prompting a stronger signal.
  • Toggling Airplane Mode/Mobile Data off and on. This essentially resets the IP connection, establishing a fresh new connection once linked to the network – this will prompt your device and SIM to connect to a stronger signal.
  • You can remove any saved APN credentials, restart your handset and then re-add the required APN if your device doesn’t seem to automatically connect to a strong network signal. https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/2045756-setting-up-your-phone-to-work-abroad 

In the worst-case scenario, if you do not experience any improvement, you might need to consider purchasing a local sim card.