cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Transfer

AlainMb_2794133
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

If I port my number, does this mean I will lose my old number?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Hi @AlainMb_2794133 ๐Ÿ‘‹
As long as you ask your old network for a PAC code and redeem it with the new provider your current number will then be transferred over and you will keep it. 
If you want a new number then request a STAC code and a new number will be allocated to you.
x x

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

It could happen, depending on the process you're following for porting your number, @AlainMb_2794133

What are you trying to do? 

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@AlainMb_2794133  Do you mean the number allocated to the sim when you first activated it? In that case ,yes because your ported in number replaces it and it is out back into the pot to be used again after some months.

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Hi @AlainMb_2794133 ๐Ÿ‘‹
As long as you ask your old network for a PAC code and redeem it with the new provider your current number will then be transferred over and you will keep it. 
If you want a new number then request a STAC code and a new number will be allocated to you.
x x

@Decembersangel  I ws wondering whether the OP meant losing the number allocated when the sim was first activated?

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

@MSF ๐Ÿค” It's hard to tell sometimes what the OP is asking when there is so little info to go on ๐Ÿ˜ถ but we can only do our best to give advice to point them in the right direction.

@Decembersangel  Judging by the mean-spirited comments from one (or was it two?) people recently re: us lot being 'losers' I do really sometimes wonder whether it's worth the trouble - many others seem to have dropped off the forum lately.