cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering and throttling

ADAMCRA_2867053
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have just swapped to smarty from 1p mobile.  The speeds are much better now as is coverage.  I tether my tablet to my phone sometimes, however when I run a speed test on both devices side by side whilst tethered, I may get 50mbps on my phone but less than 2mbps on the tablet.  I swapped to smarty because it says there is no throttling, however there clearly is.  I have turned both devices off and on again.  This was never an issue before with 1p mobile.  Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? I don't think so though as I've been doing this for years.  My port went through just today so maybe it takes a while?  I doubt this too because I tried it before porting and the same thing happened.

2 REPLIES 2

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@ADAMCRA_2867053  I really do not believe that Smarty would put it in writing for all to see if it were not true: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/1155178-our-policy-on-data-shaping-and-network-throttling

Have you considered that it may be your device or wifi on the phone?

Nope... Definitely nothing my end... It's always been good on my last provider, the only thing that has changed is my network to smarty. I would need to find a solution as this is a big part of my usage.  I agree I doubt they would do this intentionally but as I said, the only difference is the sim card in my phone.